Tuesday, December 13, 2011

4 more Transfers to go!

Ryan's ready for his close up
Ryan was watching an old church video and look who he saw - Peter Vidmar, the Olympic gold medalist was our old Bishop in the Santa Margarita Stake. He still looks the same!

Que onda!!

Dang this has been a crazy day so far!!! Transfers don't ever leave a lot of time for emailing so I'm just warning you in advance. Yes I am moving to the Foothills Stake with Elder Brandon, who I served with here last June. We will be in the far south west part of Calgary. Anyways he just got called as the second ZL so now we can really talk about where we need to improve and how to help strengthen the Spanish Zone...right on! That will be a fun Christmas apartment for sure. I don't have the exact address yet but I'll find out by next Monday and let you know.

Yeah Mom I've known my release date since I started my mission haha. Last day of May...I'll talk to you about it on Christmas Day. I don't have any time left so I wil try to write fast...

Luisa is doing great! We finally got her out to church this Sunday and honestly I have never been happier seeing an investigator at church. She loved it! She even brought her 9 year old son Brandon! During the week we asked the Primary to do a lesson on baptism, so we could get Brandon a little more interested in doing that. After church we asked him what he learned in church and he said they learned about going under water or something haha. Baptism! He said that he want to be baptized like his mom too! So both of them should be good to go for Christmas day :) It has been so great teaching them. We picked up a new couple from Mexico this week, Marta and Josue. She is super prepared too and hopefully will be baptized on the 25th. Next week I will update you on the Foothills area and the new investigators we'll be teaching.

I got your Christmas cards and thank you for the extra money! Everyone looks so grown up! I love my family!!! Ok so I gotta go, these days are going by so fast...oh and Elder Brandon's parents are going to call at 11 am our time, so 10 in California. The only time you could call would be right after that, at noon our time, 11:00 am your time. We have church at 1 and baptisms after. SO plan on that! We get 45 minutes so that's perfect. I'll email you my number next week.

Love you all!!! Have a great holiday week!!!!

Elder Draper

Hey Nick! Wow weird stuff happening in the NBA!! Hopefully the lake show gets some good trades. I can't believe we are here again for your birthday! I remember last year so clearly when you got the priesthood. Keep doin work man! Come prepared with some things to ask me on Christmas...and we gotta speak spanish to each other! Love you Nick!!

Thanks for writing Dad! Thanks for your testimony about the Atonement. It is such a great blessing to know that we have that to fall back on, that Christ knows how to succor us and as the scripture says "always has his arms of mercy extended" to us. It has been neat to see and experience how the Atonement can take effect in my personal life. I didn't really know how to take full advantage of it before the mission. I love you so much and thank you for all that you have taught me. I am always remembering little things you always say to me :) Have a great week and get ready for CHRISTMAS!!!! Cuidate

No comments:

Post a Comment