Monday, August 16, 2010

Week #3 in Calgary



Hello favorite family ever!!!

Thank you all for your emails! I read them and respond the first 30 min it looks like, so I get 30 to write this one. I would print them all up but it costs a quarter per page so I can't really print up too much but I will try.

This week was another slow week, but we are staying diligent!!! Yeah we taught Cesar on Monday. His wife was sick and didn't participate. We taught the restoration. He had heard it once before and it had been awhile so we decided to refresh his mind. He turned down the baptismal commitment though. He said he is going to read the BOM and pray about it, so that was one positive thing. We invited them to church too and he said they were free, but they didn't show. We have an appt tonight so we are going to get to know the wife Angelica then teach the Plan of Salvation. We really have been praying hard for them and feel they are ready to accept this gospel. We just have to trust that if they really pray to know, the Holy Ghost will confirm it to them, and we know that will happen. I will keep you in the loop with them. They have a 5 yr old boy and 2 year old girl. They are both so cute and I could totally see them in primary.

Last night was the baptism of Penelope. Another set of Spanish elders taught her and helped her to the waters of baptism. All of the Spanish elders get to go, and what a treat it was. It was so cool to see a convert baptism, rather than just an 8 year old person. I just saw a change in her after the baptism. What a confirmation of the priesthood and the atonement and this Church! The change is even physical! It was so neat and I hope I get that opportunity to help someone like that very soon. We are working hard to have a baptismal date set before the 19th of August.

Yeah Dad we have a credit card from the mission. First of every month we get 200 bucks for food and things like that. So I have about 120 left for this month. If I ever get through that in a month I will use the personal debit card. Shouldn't happen too often though. I will use my personal debit card for snow gear and clothes and things like that.

Saturday was the ward picnic and that was pretty fun. Spanish parties are crazy!! They brought about 75 lbs of raw meat no exaggeration. The elders helped cook it. My job was to take the raw meat and slap it on the grill. So nasty haha. Blood and fat all over my hands for 3 hours, so that was pretty legit.

Church meetings are all in Spanish. A lot of the younger members speak English so that is a relief haha. It wil be weird going back to an English ward after 2 years for sure. Bishop Obispo is awesome. Very powerful man. We have tons of malls. We will go today. No Target, just Wal-mart haha. We do all our shopping on pday. Not much sight seeing yet. We will go to downtown one of these pdays. I don't really need any bedding, have plenty of blankets and all that. But yeah I have what you sent up. Thanks for rubbing Cafe Rio in my face haha. No really thanks for the pics!!!

Yeah not much else this week haha. Don't really have an amazing missionary stories to tell haha. I know they will come though. We are just trying to have a ton of fun and working hard. The members are just the funnest people ever. Tons of funny things and good times. Hopefully next week I will have some good news with Cesar and Angelica!!! Hope you have a sweet time in Hawaii!!! I love you all!!

Elder Draper

Blake, Dude thanks for the music update!! Ugh yeah that is one of the hardest things right now, no music. It is so tempting to turn the radio on when we are driving around, but I don't do it obviously haha. Sounds like you are working hard and having a fun summer. Sorry this is so short but I am going to start writing the big family email now. I love your emails so keep them up! You can bet I will email you a ton on your mission too, so be stoked about that. Emailing is one of the highlights of the week. Take care Blake and have a fun time in Hawaii. I love you!

Hey, hey thank you Madison!! You are so cute I miss you :) Well I have read the Book of Mormon once and I am almost done with the second time! I have taught 3 different people the gospel so far. I need to work harder to find more people to teach huh!? Have a great time in Hawaii Maddie!! I love you!!

Nick!! Thanks for the update man!! Dude by the drake album for me and save it!! That's crazy about Peyton. Wow Shaq just needs to retire haha. He is crazy. Thanks for the sports update!! Keep them coming! Have a great time in Hawaii!! I love you!! Ryan P.S. Hawaii is WAY better than Calgary haha. Enjoy the fun times for me!


Haha thanks DAD!!! Sounds good! Thanks for the update, I will try to answer your questions in the family email. We had that exact lesson in priesthood too, obviously in Spanish though. I bought the Principios del Evangelio book so I am good to go for that class. I am loving it up here. Thank you for your emails and great advice. Hopefully pretty soon you will see an email in Spanish from me. Yeah I bet I will have to get reading glasses too. But I think they make you look legit anyways. Thanks again and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment