Monday, January 24, 2011

Officially 1/3 through!

Typical winter day here, lots of snow!

The missionary mobile

The elders feeling peace at Nely's baptism :)

Scripture study in a Laker Snuggie Christmas morning

Christmas brunch at Mr. Sub

Que onda mis compas!? Yes I would like stuff from NYC in honor of the 1/3 mark! Laker stuff for sure. I absolutely love NBA socks so maybe a few pairs of those. Most comfy socks of all time! So you are going to Carlo's Bakery on your trip to NYC? Yes I love that show Cake boss! I watched it a lot with Alexa and Rachel before I left I think. Oh wait maybe that was Ace of Cakes I don't remember.

This week was really awesome! Oscar is slowlyyyy progressing. He did not make it to church, but that was because his wife and daughter were able to return here on Saturday! That was a really sweet miracle! Last night we went by and met them and will begin teaching them as a family. But we had a sweet miracle at church yesterday. We have been trying to get in contact with this Mexican named Juan Carlos Montial. He is a friend of someone in the ward, and I met him about a month ago at a party. We have been calling him relentlessly the last month and so has his friend from our ward, but to no avail. Out of nowhere he shows up to church yesterday with the Book of Mormon we gave him in his hand! How cool! He then asks us if we can come by and teach him this week, and we set up an appointment with him tonight! We have been praying our guts out for him the last 24 hours and we feel he will accept baptism for the 6 of February. He is so interested so we are excited for that! We have 5 other investigator appointments SET for this week, so I will have to explain all of their stories next week. So many miracles in store for us and we have seen so many.

I can't wait to hear where Trevor gets called to on his mission! Canada would be so so cool!!!! I can't believe he is heading out and I am approaching the middle of this. I don't feel like I am turning 20 in a couple months at all. I feel like I am 17 and still a senior in high school. I don't know when it will all set in. I have not seen that new Mormon message, I will have to check it out. Sorry this is so short! I promise next week will be really good. All the action is goin down this week. I love you all! Have an amazing week!!!

Elder Draper

1 comment:

  1. Love the snuggie, buddie!! Great to hear about the awesome progress there...1/3 done, wow I can't believe it, you are doing such awesome work and touching so many lives with the message of Christ...It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete