Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday April 11, 2011

The latest picture of Elder Draper and Elder Galloway


Wow. After 11 months in I have learned how to actually do missionary work. That is all I can say about my last week. Elder Galloway is so, so awesome and has shown me the best way to do missionary work. We have had so much fun this weekend and have seen soooooo many miracles! The weather is warming up, the sun is out until 8:30 pm so life is just great!

Right when Elder Galloway and I drove off to our area together, he told me something that President told him. President said that the moment he saw me walk off the plane, he saw a leader. That was a very cool and humbling comment to hear. President told Elder Galloway that his main objective this transfer is to train me to be a zone leader. Since 6 elders are leaving in 2 months, I will not have time to be a district leader, so President expects me to be ready to jump to Zone Leader one of the next two transfers....woah that is intimidating! So obviously the Lord has some bigger plans for me than I can comprehend, but I will accept whatever comes and do my best to accomplish it. It is pretty exciting, and I am super grateful for the opportunity to serve the Spanish Elders and help them become better. I feel that leaders become better through their service so that is probably why I will be in this path hahaha. So he has been teaching me the ins and outs of leadership, which is sweet.

So Rocky's friend has not been in contact with him this week. Haven't been able to set anything up with Lourdes tampoco. We were contacting the other day and saw a man working in his front yard, turns out his name is Hector from Mexico. He wants to hear the discussions so he will become a new gator this week. We also met a nice Mexican lady at English class last night and got her address. We have met like 4 other Spanish people who invited us to come back, so we finally got the ball rolling!

The coolest miracle happened on Saturday. We got a call that a member was in serious condition in the hospital, so we went over and gave him a blessing. On the way out this man with one of those IV poles wobbled up to us and was like "Are you the LDS?" His name is Charles, and he's Catholic but knows so much about our church. He has pancreatic cancer with a 10% chance of living. We got his room number and gave it to the English elders. Yesterday they went by and set a baptismal date with him for the 7th of May! So awesome because he just walked right up to us! Just a testimony that the Lord will put the prepared in our path as His servants. So basically it has been miracle after miracle in the Spanish West and I am pumped for all the baptisms we have on the way.

Some exciting news we heard yesterday is that Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve is coming to speak to us next Monday. He is reorganizing a stake in Fort McCloud and is setting his Monday morning aside to speak to us. I am super excited for it! He was the Mission President of Elder Christofferson and speaks Spanish obviously (he wrote chapter 7 of preach my gospel). I am totally going to speak Spanish to him when I meet him!

So our pday next week is changed to Tuesday. I will be on the lookout for that care package! My sunglasses broke so I was wondering if you could send me up a pair if you haven't sent that package. The package is for my 18th birthday right? (haha that is what it feels like anyways) YES please send the DVD's from the Distribution Center.

Well I am happy everyone still remembers my name and looks foward to hearing from me haha. Now just imagine how excited I am to hear from all of you being a missionary all the way in cold freezing Canada ;) Thank you all for your examples and love and prayers! Can't believe we are going on the way downhill pretty soon here. It has been a blur!

Love you all and hope you have a good week. DO WORK!!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment