Saturday, April 9, 2011

Transfer Day Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mi companero nuevo - Elder Galloway!

The Calgary Temple construction site

Things are really moving quickly now

Snow, salt and tracting all day - my Ecco's tell the story!


Wow what a surprise! For the third time (transfer) here in the west my companion, Elder Walker, is leaving and I am staying in the West Zone. I just emailed President and told him that the Lord is obviously waiting for me to do something here, so I am going to figure it out this transfer! Something cool is that I will have my first two phone calls of the mission in the same area - that is super crazy! I feel like I have been here for like a month, but already have completed 4.

My new comp is Elder Galloway from Wyoming. He is the ex AP! He left the Spanish program for 4 months to serve as AP, and now he is coming here with me. He's such a great missionary and all I know is that this transfer is going to be the busiest one of my whole mission! I am super stoked and ready to work hard and get these people into the waters of baptism.

Yes so conference was amazing! I had some unbelievable moments with the spirit, super powerful answers came to me. Yes Mom I loved how our stake got "airtime"! All of the elders looked over at me and started slapping my back after Elder Cook mentioned that story because they know that's who I represent! I loved really every talk, but my favorite was President Monson in the Priesthood Session. Wow he knows how to call people to repentance. Seriously after watching that I had such a desire to become better it was something I have never felt before. Love that man.

I noticed that it snowed Saturday night there in Utah. It snowed all last week here but the temperatures are supposed to go back up this week. We have sun light until 8:30 pm again which makes me so happy! I don't know why but I get all depressed doing missionary work when the sun goes down at 4:00 pm haha.

So the highlight this week was being able to teach Rocky's friend, Natalio from Saltillo, Mexico. He has a desire to be baptized which is awesome. He told us that the only thing he is worried about is falling back into his same habits and sins after his baptism. He has 2 kids back in Mexico with a woman who he is not married to, and is living with a Canadian woman here. He really wants to stop drinking and change his life and marry his wife in Mexico. We are shooting for the 17th of April for his baptism, and that should go through as long as he can quit drinking the week leading up to the baptism. Haven't heard from Lourdes this week so that's a disappointment. I think we are going to put some pressure on her this week and explain how important this gospel is for each and every one of us on the earth today.

I love you all, glad you are safe and enjoying life. Thanks for all the pictures by the way. Everyone is growing up! Have a great week and talk to you soon!!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment