Monday, February 6, 2012

Mapping out the game plan for the day...
Winter in the big city of Calgary
Cold, clear and pretty
Happy one year anniversary of Rocky's Baptism!

Can't believe one full years worth of events have happened since his baptism...feels like yesterday! Next month will be the temple trip. Yes mom, of course I am still into sports!!!! haha I remember hearing earlier in the week that the super bowl was this weekend, but I forgot about it because when we showed up to dinner yesterday it was on and was like "Yeah you better turn that off or I will get a crazy adrenaline rush" haha. It sounds like you know way more about the logistics of coming home than I do! Let me know by next week what airport you want me to choose. Rachel...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You turning 16 has always been something I have thought about during my mission, that is a big moment!! I hope it goes well for you and that you have a great day! I heard Mormal is coming up...hmmm I would like to hear from the boy that will ask you and have a little chat if that's ok ;) That will be a fun experience for you.

Ok so on to this week...it was pretty intense and filled with spiritual experiences! I was on exchanges with Elder Seelinger, one of the DL's, in my area. We had an appointment with an investigator named Liliana, but she called 20 min before to change it to the next day. So it was about 7:30 and we went ahead with the back up plans we had set. The first thing was a former investigator family, Diego and Sara from Colombia. It appeared from their teaching record that they weren't too interested when they were taught, but I have been getting lots of promptings to visit them. So we pull up to their house and Diego pulls up at the exact same time. We meet him briefly outside and ask if we can come in, and he lets us in! We sit down and his wife Sara comes in too. They tell us about their religious background and the one lesson they had with missionaries this past summer. We decide to reteach lesson one so they can feel the spirit of the message of the Restoration. At the beginning of the lesson, they had a bunch of walls put up, like they are happy with their Catholic church and aren't looking to change, but as the lesson went on the Spirit totally worked on them and we were teaching with so much power and authority. It felt different for me, like my words weighed a lot more as they came out of my mouth. Pretty cool. So we invite them to be baptized on the 26th and they say they really want to read the Book of Mormon first and pray about it, which is exactly what needs to happen. They said they are excited about the goal to be baptized on the 26th! We will have to follow up with them a lot so they actually do the reading and praying. Super exciting! And yes we FINALLY got to teach this Mexican family down in High River! I have not met them yet, but Elder Brandon taught them once 3 months ago. They pulled up right when we did too, and they let us right in. It is Fransisco and his wife Maria and their 15 year old son Fransisco. They are one of the nicest most humble families that I have met on my mission. They have been reading from the Book of Mormon, and their initial doubt is that they believe that their ancestors believed in sun and moon Gods and stuff like that, so they don't understand how the Book of Mormon, written by their ancestors, talks all about Christ. Kind of a weird doubt, never heard that one, but we explained that they did believe in Christ a long time before, but then about 400 AD they fell into a huge apostasy and starting picking up those weird beliefs until the Spaniards came. Anyways we taught lesson one and were able to get to their true doubt. They just recently started attending a Christian church and have seen their lives change completely, so they have taken that as an answer from God basically. They don't quite understand the need for baptism by proper authority, but they are slowly understanding. They all said that they could relate to Jospeh Smith and if they feel our message is true, they will be baptized. So, it is going to come down to them reading and praying,
because they have a ton of faith and will for sure receive an answer if they do their part. I am so excited to work with them! Aaron is basically dropped for now. We are going to get members working on him. We are also going to be teaching this girl of about 20 from Peru, Estafania. She lives with her family who are all members, and she is an eternigator. We have received promptings about her too so we feel like she is ready for baptism this month. We taught this other lady Liliana, but I don't have time to explain! Sorry!

The gears are moving like crazy now, so I am very happy and grateful about that. God answers prayers! Just in His own time, when we are ready. Love you and hope you have a fantastic week!!

Love Elder Draper

Nick! Sorry to hear that the espanol is finished for now, you'll have to take it in high school. Nice work on the court! That was a cool story thanks for sharing! Oh I believe you about your shot, I bet you are a better shooter than me right now, I have gotten a little rusty haha. We'll ball it up this summer big time and I'll have to see what you got. Keep being humble and the Lord will bless you even more! Love you Nick have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment