Monday, April 9, 2012

7 more weeks!

A family tradition of Spanish Missionaries - these are the 3 flags for the Draper boys. Mexico for dad, Canada for Ryan and El Salvador for Blake. Cool pic Ryan!

Hola!

Happy Easters to all of you too! It was a very good day at church for me, pretty normal. For Easter dinner, Nacho Libre made us some of that bean soup...yeah haha. Actually, we were supposed to have dinner with the Trevinos, but they bailed on us last minute. So we had to eat a frozen pizza at home. The life of a missionary haha, it's all good. Yeah tell Blake I served with Jeff Walker, he was a fun companion. Big into sports so we got along well.

This week was a little slower than normal. We stopped by Victor on Wednesday and found out some pretty revealing news. He told us why he has not accepted a baptismal date yet. He has some hard feelings towards his birth dad (who we thought was dead). Basically, his dad is not a very good person and the talk on Sunday morning by President Uchtdorf touched Victor and inspired him to forgive his dad and better that relationship. I'm grateful for the guidance of our living prophets! Anyways, Victor really opened up and it was an emotional lesson for all of us. Forgiving people is very difficult, but it lifts so many burdens. He is going to write his dad a letter this week and take care of business, because he told us he wants to join the church so bad, but first has to clear this up. Hopefully that process happens quickly. So, the 15th for him is looking slim, but he is now on the right path to baptism. Such a solid kid, I love him. That was really about it for this week. The Vargas family should be coming back today, so we will call them and confirm our next appointment for tomorrow. The last few days I had this same prompting to get in contact with this Mexican family that attends an English ward. They are hard to find at home, but we finally got to talk to them yesterday. The wife answered the door and it was apparent that she had some other Spanish family over for dinner. She came outside and shut the door for a more private conversation. She told us that the family they had over were good friends of theirs, and the wife is veryyyy interested in meeting with us. She has had some issues lately and is looking for that inner peace. The husband is anti-religion, but nonetheless we will be teaching the wife this week! Just a cool little prompting from the Spirit. I have learned how to recognize those better now. The key is really just being in tune with the spirit and creating an environment within yourself that will allow you to recognize it. Good stuff eh?

Just going to grab lunch and head to the chapel to ball. Last week we were outside and played soccer so that was fun. The weather was perfect. Yes tell dad that the man at Moores Clothing offered me a really nice deal on the suits. I got a lighter gray suit for 600 bucks and I got another 600 dollar dark brown suit for free!!! They are really nice, so I will have two with me when I come home. Also, do I need to bring the big snowboarding bag and hanging bag home? I'm just trying to consoladate everything I can. Tell Mason congrats on the call, I'm excited he's going Spanish speaking too.

Well that is about it for this week. On Sunday I have to give a talk in sacrament, so pray for me! Next week is transfers as well, so we'll see where I am going to die! My guess is I stay and get a new comp. Have a great week, I love you all!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment