Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy birthday Elder Draper - #21

The Spanish Zone eating at Gaucho's a Brazilian barbecue restaurant
Ryan's last comp from Spain, Elder Rodriguez
The front of our apartment

Holaaaa!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! There is so much going on right now that I honestly have not even thought about it. My first week with Elder Rodriguez is up there with one of the most miracle filled weeks of my mission! It was 100% revelation that he came here to this area. He has been out for almost 11 months. It is pretty interesting to live with somebody from Europe. The way he lives the day to day life is completely different to what I am used to ha, but it is fun. He went off track during his teenage years but came back a couple years ago and decided to serve a mission, so he has a super solid testimony.

We taught Victor on Wednesday, and it was the first time I can remember that I straight up cried in a lesson. Wow. Elder Rodriguez has gone through some of the same things that Victor has gone through with his dad, so he really was able to help him out. Everybody was in tears, and it hit me when I starting telling Victor how much I loved him and how grateful I was for our friendship. This weekend he has been praying and thinking and today he is going to inform us if he is getting baptized this Sunday! We have a ton of faith and feel confident that his answer will be yes. We were blessed with the opportunity to teach a new family of 4 from DF Mexico, the Gonzalez family. Super prepared! They are praying as a family as well about being baptized on the 13th of May, Mother's day. We also picked up a couple from Colombia who is interested in coming to church and is reading the Book of Mormon. The way we found these two families are
stories in and of themselves. We found soooo many new people to teach this week. I wish I had more time to help them get into the water!! We def have our work cut out for us.

This weekend is full of good dinners with members, so I know I will be taken care of. I think that is it for this week. Today we are going to have a barbeque and play soccer...27 degrees celcius!!!!! So warm and sunny. Go Lakers!! I'll be praying they get through to the conference finals, that's sweet! Time is quickly dwindling down...it is getting crazy! Well thanks again for the birthday wishes and prayers!

Thanks for the email dad. That poem is very true! I have learned that principle as a missionary. We make plans for people, according to the knowledge that we have about them, but then you get in the moment and a curve ball comes, and you have to follow the Spirit to get you through it. It actually happened several times this very week. Everything else sounds great though! I hope I can make a smooth adjustment and keep up doing the little things of the Gospel. I am sad to leave the field, but I know Heavenly Father has prepared me for the next phase in my life. Should be great! Thanks for all that you are to me. Yeah, that'd be nice to work this summer, thank you. Well I guess we will be talking in a couple of weeks on the phone! Love you!

I love you all!!!
Elder Draper

PS today I received this email from from President Archibald:

Elder Draper,

Well, you served hard time as the zone leader. All of which the Lord was thoroughly mindful of. You were diligent and obedient. That was a laudable achievement. Thanks for your determination in all that you did through those times without a companion zone leader. You did yeoman duty and it was duly noted and recognized. You should have a most welcome and enjoyable last transfer as you seek for miracles and focus on one area. Love you.

President

No comments:

Post a Comment