Sunday, September 5, 2010

August 30, 2010

Happy 3 month Anniversary Elder Draper!!!

1/8 of your mission completed!!! Not that we're counting or anything!!!

Me and Elder Galloway. He is one of our Zone Leaders and has 10 more months to go in the field.

This is Elder Nelson who was 26 when he finished his mission, he went home the next day.

Elder Kruegar (left) was Elder Rudd's trainer. So Kruegar was my grandpa who I only knew for a week. He went home the day after this too.

ALOHA Ohana!!

Well I guess that is the last time I will be saying that until next summer. How is the beautiful Hawaii?? 80 degrees sounds so good right now. Last night we had a special missionary fireside that President Archibald spoke at. We walk out of the chapel around 9 PM and it was 4 Celsius. Ummmm I am pretty sure winter is not for another 3 months. Then I wake up this morning and it is -1 Celsius. Elder Draper has a loooong cold 8 months ahead of him haha.

Yeah these 3 months have been the fastest in my life. Fastest summer ever. It is kind of scary because I do not have those 3 months of my mission back. I just want to be able to look back with zero regrets about my work and everything, so I am motivated to do all that I can in serving the Lord. Thank you for the cd's and pillow case! Yes so fem dad haha but I loved it so thank you for that. And thank you for this email! Wow dad that was sweet!! You have saved like hundreds of people, last one I remember was at the Laker game.

I'm trying to think if I have any funny stories....Well Spanish culture is just so funny as you know. Especially Mexicans. Last night we had a fireside where two new members spoke then President and Sister Archibald. The members had about 15 min each, then president about 20. Spanish people love to talk and talk and talk. They both spoke for 50 min each. Ummm what the? Then during the second recent convert talk, he is a Mexican and his cell phone (definitely one of those prepaid things) starts ringing as he is speaking. So there is funny things like that every single day no joke, I try to write them all down in a journal.

Alright so question, next week is transfers (by the way, because of that our p-day is Tuesday next week) and there is some Elder Nielsen coming in. I know Cameron Nielsen I think is his name (Isaac's brother) is speaking Spanish somewhere, so I am wondering if it is him. That would be cool.

So yeah Nellie and Gilberto of El Salvador are our solid investigators right now. We have had a couple lessons and they are really starting to open up to the spirit, it is so amazing to see. She has doubts about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith still. She told us if she comes to know Joseph Smith was a prophet, she will get baptized. I know with 100% surety, if this is her time, the Lord will tell her the truth of our message. SO NEAT!!! They are both really old, but I can just see them in the temple together one day. That is the goal of missionary work, not baptisms. You have to prepare these people to go through the temple. We are excited for this week and hope to have a baptismal date set.

That is about the biggest news I have here this week. I am just loving this mission so much! It is totally worth being here and doing what I am doing. I can see why missionaries get sad to leave by the end of it. Working with these people makes me most happy here. I have already built fun relationships with the ward members and leaders, all just amazing members. Thank you for your prayers and love and remember that I love you all! Jesus Christ is the head of this church there is no question in my mind. Don't let J dubs tell you otherwise!! Haha take care and enjoy your last week in the islands!!

Love you all!!!!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment