Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, 2010

This is a picture of a Photo Cop, he takes a picture of your license if you're speeding and mails the ticket to you. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police don't mess around.

Copies of the traffic accident report and my witness report.


Holy cow I have been here for 6 weeks already!!!! I can't understand this time thing here on the mission! Well the big news, Elder Rudd is leaving for the Central, but I will be staying here in the north. Elder Christensen from the East is coming over to be my new companion. He is a pretty cool guy. From Toronto. Well I already know him because the elders in the west, north, and east all serve in the ward here so I see him all the time. Plus he is in my district so I know him pretty well because of that. He goes home after Christmas so he is on the way out. It will be another fun 6 weeks!! He will move in tomorrow and the work continues!!

Well this week was so much fun for me. Thank you for all the emails!! I won't have time really today to respond to everyone because it's transfers and we are all on the phone with everyone figuring it out. But next week will be back to normal, and thank goodness a Monday pday. Yes Labor Day is a holiday here, well I mean Labour Day haha.

So some other big news, yesterday we got in a car crash!! I am the junior comp so Elder Rudd was driving. It was weird he hit us so hard it felt, but there was only a few scratches, on the car, not us! Some man behind us didn't see that we had come to a stop and just rammed into us. It was pretty weird, I had no idea what happened. So this accident happened to take place right in front of some Calgary cops! So they told us to pull over and get it all figured out. Then, the cop that happened to come over to us to figure out the situation was LDS!! Can we be more watched over and protected as missionaries? Holy cow it was such a neat experience for me. So the cop was like, "yeah I got you guys, don't worry!" He ticketed the man for reckless driving and everything worked out perfectly. My first car accident: In Canada on my mission, never would have thought haha.

So we had stake conference this weekend too and we got permission to attend the adult session Saturday night. Again, my first adult session was on my mission. Now I know what goes down at that meeting haha. Then stake conference on Sunday. It was hard for me a little because theCalagary north stake center is a carbon copy of the Mission Viejo stake center! Same everything down to a T. So of course home flowed through my mind the whole time which was hard but everything is cool now.

Nellie and Gilberto have changed DRASTICALLY! The Holy Ghost is real that's all I'm gonna say. First time we taught them they would not even pray and ask God if this is all true; apparently you can only ask Him for health and stuff. But now she prays and asks for wisdom on the subject every lesson. Incredible. She is flat out reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover. Things like this make me love the work. We still have her committed to be baptized the 25th of September if she receives her answer before then. We also need to get her to church at least twice before baptism, so that will be Elder Christensen and my goal this week. And we picked up a new investigator named Manuel from El Salvador. We taught him the restoration and he has some of the same beliefs as Nellie and Gilberto: already baptized by immersion, etc. So we will keep contact with him as well.

So that was my fun week. The work is definitely progressing, which is nice to see because I can't imagine how hard missionary work is when you can't see any visible progress. But I know that is going to happen sooner or later. Thanks for all of your love and support; Have a great week!!!

Love, Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment