Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Feliz Navidad - Monday, December 20, 2010

If I had some mad photoshop skills I would cut/crop the bottom picture into the family picture from our dinner with the Ellsworth's last Sunday...but I can't so I won't. This will have to do. We miss you Elder Draper but are so happy for you too!

A picture of the goods we sent in his "half way to hump day" (6 month) package. Rachel made the sign and we sent Christmas lights for a merry and bright Christmas. Like the black masking tape effect on the ceiling? Nice touch Ry! Of course we had to send him a long sleeve Laker shirt for the winter :)


Feliz Navidad Mis Hermanos!

Let's get down to business, but not to defeat the Huns. So yes I got your packages finally! I opened the 6 monther but saved the really big one for Christmas morning. I got one from Heidi too so I just have those three.

You are calling on Saturday!!! Elder Walker's parents are calling at 10:00 AM our time so you guys call that number at 11:00 AM my time which is 10:00 AM your time. I will be ready for the call! We get 40 minutes, but what the heck 5 extra minutes won't kill us :) I will send home my chip today since I got your new one you sent.

Hopefully you got my Christmas package! Everything in the top of the box is for the Draper family, and everything underneath in the bubble wrap goes to the Sorenson's. Nothing is wrapped, I didn't have time, so if you want to wrap everything up you can or just leave it as is. I think that is everything about that.

Looks like you had a fun Christmas Party! I haven't got pics from you since you went to Utah I think, so everyone looks way different to me, especially Blake for some reason ha. Our Christmas party is not tonight. Not every elder has received a letter from their family so it is postponed to the 3 of January.

Good news though...Baptism #3 is on the way!!! You guys will not believe this, but the stubborn Nely Turcios has decided to be baptized the 26th of December! The North Elders set the date with her last week and called me up and I didn't believe them! I honestly never saw this coming, she is so dead on in the Baptist stuff. But, she fasted last week and said she received a feeling that she could not deny. Wow. How awesome. I only taught her 16 times haha. The Spirit can work with anybody, no matter what. So I am stoked about that and she asked me to give the talk on baptism. She picked Christensen to baptize her and Walker to confirm her. White Christmas!!!

We got 20 lessons again this week, which was a lot tougher than last week. Satan worked hard to stop us, but we managed to pull out the last 2 lessons last night to cap off the 20. We try to set up as many lessons as we can so we can be indoors more often. Saturday was our ward Christmas party, and that was a lot of fun. The Primary did a nativity scene so that was pretty cute.

But that was about my week. This week should be pretty chill for us. We will probably just hit up a lot of members the 24 and 25. Sometimes I have gotten a little sad the last couple weeks visiting members and them being together with their family and loved ones, but then I realize the unique opportunity that I have being a missionary during this time of year. It only is going to happen one more time. This is the first Christmas I can remember that Christ is literally the center of my Christmas, the way it actually is supposed to be. I know He came into this world for us. Father already had a perfected body, so He couldn't do what Christ did for us. I understand now how Christ is the Father too. He literally took the place of Heavenly Father to set a perfect example and to die for us. I know Christ is my personal Savior, and although it can be hard sometimes, I am grateful to have this opportunity to focus on nothing but Him. I hope and pray you all have the chance to take a few moments and just ponder and pray in private about Christ and what He has done for you. No matter what we do, our mistakes, problems, challenges, He is going to listen and understand. I know that 100% because I have done it myself here in the mission. Let's turn to the Lord, and in turn He is going to fill us with a love and countenance that you cannot find anywhere else. I love you all so much, and pray for you everyday. Have a wonderful Christmas week together as families and take advantage. I will be with you in Spirit :)

I love you all,
Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment