Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday December 6, 2010

Another view to show how big his apartment complex is. He's loving it here in his new area!

Life is great in the wild west! Yeah that is our apartment building and we are on the third floor. We are the only companionship in this huge apartment building. I think the apartment it is a little bit smaller than the north pad, but I like this one better because it is newer (nobody smokes pot around us) and there is a bench press and exercise bike and everything. YES! There is that scripture that says and Jesus grew in STATURE, wisdom, and knowledge right? We have a red Chevy Cobalt. Not fun to drive in the snow. Yes mother every apartment in the mission has a carbon monoxide detector :)

I am glad you got in contact with the Menjivar family! I asked them yesterday if you responded to their email, and it sounds like you did. Yeah they do a special dinner every Christmas for the missionaries, so I am looking forward to that for sure. Yep I am in the same ward, Crescent View. Our area only has about 8 members so it is going to be tough to work with a small group, but it is time to turn it up a notch and get to work! We have a goal of getting 20 lessons this week. The most I have gotten in a week is only 13. Yeah didn't hear from Dad but tell him no worries.

They are not going to give us our Christmas package until Christmas is closer, so I am sure it has arrived and is siting in the mission office. I have not gotten the 6 month package either. I am thinking maybe it is sitting in their too because they think it is a Christmas package, but I will find out for sure :) Ok I will think about something for your missionary message this week Mom.

So onto the week. The Moreno family with the baptismal date in the North are still set to be baptized this Sunday!! I am stoked!!! I found out that if you get a baptism less than 14 days after you leave the area, your name goes on the record of the church so that is really neat. They came to church again yesterday and I got to talk to them and stuff. The thing I am most excited about is that I will be here one year from now and get to go to their sealing in the temple! So they are doing great, there will be pics from the baptism next week.

Our temple trip was so much fun! It was nice to get out of the city and to be only a few miles from the U.S. Border! The Cardston temple is really neat. The session was in Spanish so that was really cool. Yes, I did everything in Spanish too, so I needed lots of help, because I barely know it all in English still. Also we had a gator lesson this week! It was funny because this area, the Spanish west area, has not had an investigator lesson in 6 months. Super slow, but we are turning it around ASAP. So this lady is from Peru and her husband is an American from New York but speaks Spanish. She was really interested and had lots of questions about the plan of salvation. But her husband was a jerk (sorry haha). I got soooo frustrated in the lesson. He just kept trying to bash us on every single doctrinal point. We talked about the pre-earth life and he was like "Well what about a heavenly mother? Nothing talks about her so we can't come from a God". We talked about sin and he says "Well what is the list of sins? I don't sin, I am a good person and try to help people" UGHHHHHHHH!!!! I almost went Joseph Smith on him when J. Smith lashes out on the mob in the Prophet of the restoration movie haha. But she is interested and so we will try to set something up when her husband is not around. And we have 2 other potential gators that we are going to call and try to set something up. But that is about it!

Thank you all for your prayers and love and support. I am happy and healthy and learning so much. The mission is the most incredible experience of my life. Plus, it is so great to walk around in public in a suit and tag! The days are going by faster than I can count, so I am going to take advantage and work my tail off for the Lord. And every day I tell Him that I want all of the blessings from my missionary service to go to all of you! Have an awesome week everybody I love you!!!!!

Thank you Nick! I know your birthday is coming up!! You will get a little present from me in the package I am going to send home this week. Man that is sweet you are going to be playing deacon ball next month! You know I only lost one church ball game in my life right? That is the goal you have to beat! Congrats on the Honor Roll! How come all of my siblings are getting better grades in school than me? You are just smarter than me I guess ;) Thanks for writing big guy! I love you and hope you have a good week!

Love,
Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment