Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday February 22, 2011

Cochrane is the second largest town in Alberta and about 20 minutes from Calgary


This was my Valentine Day dinner, looks like the shrimp is staring right at me


Hello family!!
Wow I was hoping Trevor would come up to Canada to our mission but that is exciting to hear! Yeah I remember driving through that area around Mount Rushmore for sure. Blake told me about the season, that's too bad but now he can focus on college!

Well today is transfers but I am staying here in the west! Elder Nielsen is leaving and another Elder Walker is coming over. He is from St. George and is a super fun missionary, great guy. I should get your package today when we see our zone leaders.

Yeah this week has been super super rough on me, in all aspects. To start I just want to thank all of you that joined in the fast for Oscar. The sad thing is, the next day on Thursday, he dropped us completely. He talked to his wife, and turns out she is not as prepared as we thought and she talked him out of baptism. He even told us that he felt good about it, had lots of good feelings, but continued to say he is not ready and that we "pressured him". We were very bold and told him he is denying revelation from God and he might not have this opportunity again. He told us to only visit once a month now. I feel bad I could not come back and report some success for the fast though. I can promise that the blessing for the fast will come some day. That's one important thing I have learned is that blessings can come later. I absolutely don't like that because I can't see into the future, but I know the blessing will always come. And also this week I have just been super super sick and not feeling well. It has made me really sad and stuff, but it's a new week and I am ready to do work!

We had a really special opportunity along with another 20 English Elders to visit with Elder Brimhall a member of the Seventy! He came to the west stake conference, and after met with all the missionaries in the west! It was so cool to have an upclose encounter with a general authority! He talked to us about our call letter and how when we sent back our acceptance, we entered into a covenant with the Prophet of the living God to do everything that the letter says. Woah that made me feel pretty bad haha, I can definitely improve on that.

Juan Carlos is doing so great! He had his first interview with the Bishop on Sunday. He is receiving the Aaronic priesthood this Sunday and he is going to the temple on March 5!! How exciting! I think we will be going as well, so I am so stoked about that! I love you all!! Have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment