Monday, May 9, 2011

Day after Mother's Day phone call - May 9, 2011

This was his reaction after the Mother's Day phone call to the family!

Blowing out the candles from yet another cake! Believe me he is treated better on his mission than at home when it comes to having the party last all week long :)

Finishing off the last bite of his third birthday celebration

Hello again!

I had a great time talking to you all last night! The time in between the 1st 2 calls went by so fast! Haha I love grandma no worries, she still doesn't have Alexa's name down after a few years ;) It was sweet to hear everyones voices. Maddie sounds a bit older, Nick as well but Rachel's voice changed the most since Christmas. Like I said I can't even tell her apart from Mom! So crazy, but I am so grateful the Lord is watching over you and that you are loving life, that makes me happy :) Being on a mission has to be the best way to grow our family relationships, because the Spirit is so much more abundant in our lives, more than ever. Only bad news was the Lakers I guess. But I'll be around to cheer them on for the next playoff run!

So yeah I will explain the Natalio miracle! We had an appointment with Rocky he called right before and said he wouldn't be able to make it. But, he told us his friend Natalio was in his house and that we could go by to visit him. I taught him once about 6 weeks ago but he was not that interested. So we ended up teaching an investigator lesson that we hadn't planned for...we had to rely completely on the Spirit to guide our words and the lesson. (Juan Carlos ended up coming miraculously to make it a member present). Over the last 6 weeks, Natalio has completely changed thanks to the Lord: he has a desire to stop drinking, grow closer to God, and the coolest part was that he told us that he wanted to be baptized, and to have his family in Mexico come up to be baptized! We really didn't have to do anything! I recognize the Lord's hand completely in that miracle and preparation of one of His children. Seriously his mentality has completely changed in 6 weeks...it wasn't his time then, but it definitely is now. It is such a perfect situation because he is living with Rocky, who not only just went through the baptismal process, but had to stop drinking and smoking as well, so he is living with a great example. Rocky is so stoked to help someone come unto Christ, we will get him to perform the baptism. That is going to be such a neat experience for me to see! We have a cita with Lourdes tonight at 6, so pray that goes well! She called us and set up the appointment, so we are thinking she is finally ready for baptism as well. I love missionary work!! I can feel some BIG things happening this next year, because I know how to do this now haha. Spanish is no longer a barrier, so now it is just going to be me being diligent and relying on the Lord. 1 Nephi 3:7 all the way!
Life is so amazing seriously. My perspective and priorities have completely changed (God and family first). I feel like that is what my priorities were before, but I didn't fully realize its impact on me. I have nothing to teach really, I am just learning so much. Definitely the best 2 years! :)

Mom you are amazing and you have set the example for me, whether you know it or not. It is just insane that I am already 20. I am so grateful that we have such a great relationship and are like best friends! We are totally going to hang out all the time, I am looking foward to that :) You are so awesome, and I really could not ask for a better mom. That's what I want for my future kids too.

Thanks for everything, and I will have to start sending you Mexican food recipes so you can start learning! Happy Mother's Day again! I love you all and hope you have an awesome week! Next pday is tuesday because of transfers! I am a little nervous for it, but we will see where the Lord wants me! I love you!

Elder Draper

P.S. David Sorenson emailed me and I don't have time to respond gotta email president...he asked me to write some advice for the priests, just tell him I will send it either in your letter with my sd card or when I send Alexa's next letter out. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment