Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday October 11, 2011

Hats off to the chef!
Thanksgiving Day breakfast - Huevos Rancheros with members
Helloooo!

Yesterday was the Great Day of Thanks and pday so today we only have time off to email then back to work. I'm late because this morning I had DDMS and after emailing I have to stay here for another hour and type up the district comment sheets and send them in to the AP's. Then I have to go give a training to Elder Brandon, then we have to go back home and finish our 2 hour comp study. Then dinner, then we have to teach English class at the chapel. We teach everyone and anyone. There's just a sign out front so anyone can come and hopefully we get some new investigators from it. Busy day. Yes I have sent pictures today already and we will get a new zone picture taken soon.

Let's see, Canadian Thanksgiving...it is not the same as the US Thanksgiving but we had a great day. In the morning we went over to the Pavon family and they made us Huevos Rancheros! Tortilla with fried egg and salsa. I love it! Then we just played basketball all day, and for dinner we went to the Jaco family and they gave us turkey el salvadoranian style with rice...pretty good. Yeah the order of the holidays really throws me off, Thanksgiving before Halloween haha.

So Grandpa B? Oh yes I have a couple stories of Grandpa B back from my first transfer, you will hear about them later don't worry. Congratulations Blake!!! Welcome to Provo! I am so happy that we will be there together, it'll be great. Maybe dad will buy us some real estate there haha. That will be fun for you to move south for the winter. Yeah I got your package before last Monday, because I go to the office on Fridays to pick up the mail, so sorry I didn't know I was supposed to take pics. The blanket is amazing and the socks too! Thanks so much! Everything was perfect! Alexa helped me recognize that it is a blessing for me that the NBA is on lockout because I am not missing any more basketball so I am pulling for it to continue...sorry!!

So this week was pretty crazy of course. We are having the hardest time getting in with our investigators! But it is not affecting our faith. We still expect to baptize 10 people this month, and we don't have anybody on date. The coolest miracle happened though! I don't know how much of this story you know, but we have an investigator, Amalia, who we have been teaching, but she has had a hard time focusing because she is so worried about her husband, who is in very bad health conditions. Well the last few weeks we have actually been praying that he would pass away (I know that sounds bad) because 1 he has been suffering so much and 2 Amalia would be more accepting of the gospel. Well last Saturday her husband passed away, and we sang in the funeral. We did not talk to her for a few days after. Then 2 days ago we felt inspired to go to church a little early. A woman walks up to us and says "Are you the elders from our ward?" We said no we are the Spanish missionaries. She says "Oh even better, there is a Spanish investigator here". All of a sudden Amalia with her member son and daughter in law walk out of the chapel!!! She showed up to church for the first time ever!!! They had visited the English sacrament meeting before, and we ended up teaching her right there for gospel principles class. We have an appointment tomorrow with her and she is totally going to be baptized! In the lesson on Sunday we told her that she has to be baptized to be able to live with her husband forever, and we know her heart is now ready :) We met a lot of new Spanish people this week and have lessons set up, so the stage is set. We are going to go out with the Spirit and help them get back to Christ.

Another amazing talk I have been studying is Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ by Elder Gene R. Cook. It is incredible. I thought I understood the principle of faith before, but no way Jose. I recommend reading this talk! Life is going great and I am so happy. The Lord is blessing us so much and there is no way I could return the favor to Him. It's scary I only have 5 transfers after this one! This last chunk of the mission is going to be the most rewarding part, I can feel it.

Thanks so much for your love and prayers!! I miss you all and hope you have a great week!! Love Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment