Monday, October 24, 2011

Two months and a day until our Christmas call!

Here's a few older pictures that were on his SD card...
Elder Draper and the Spanish Zone
Elder Draper with Elder Rios, Juan and Elder Rudd
Random shots of Calgary
We don't see trees this color in California
Beautiful double rainbow
Visiting the church book store in Cardston on their September trip to the temple
Looks like life is good!

Good Morning!

Another amazing week in the books. The time is going by so fast! Yes hopefully you can tell by the SD card that I am still Ryan haha. Life is going great and I cannot complain. Today is shopping day - grocery shopping first then off to the Chinook Mall to hang out. We always finish off pday with some hoops so should be good. Sounds like you all had a great week as well. Tell Rachel congrats about getting her braces off. We are excited for the holidays too and already have the Christmas CD's playing in our car. I can't believe our phone call is already two months away, it seems like it will be the last one because the Mother's Day call will be two weeks before I get home...I don't know what I will have to say!

Good job dad! Glad to hear your talk went well in the Spanish ward Sunday. We should totally be speaking companions when I get back! That would be so much fun to do that in a different language together. Yeah Spanish wards are so much more relaxed and laid back I think. Especially here in the branch because the attendance is pretty low. I want to go to a Spanish ward like 1 every month or so just to keep up my Spanish. I really have no idea what is going to happen at transfers next week. I could see myself going to the Foothills Stake with Elder Brandon, with him becoming the 2nd zone leader. We will see I guess.

Yesterday was great, both of our investigators who are getting baptized next Sunday showed up to church so that was huge! This past week was pretty solid too. Rosi and Amalia are progressing well and are all still set to be baptized! They came to all 3 hours really enjoyed it. Rosi has stopped drinking coffee after having 2 or 3 daily, pretty sweet miracle. The Spanish North elders taught a man named Alex this past week, and he is working towards baptism for the 6th of November. The best part is that he is moving downtown this week...our area! On Monday we challenged Sis. Amaya to find us somebody to teach within 7 days, and she found somebody after 3 days! It is a Colombian lady and her husband with 2 small children. We are teaching them tonight for the first time! I have never seen a more successful member missionary than Sis. Amaya. She knows how to do work. This week we met a bunch of Spanish families that have agreed to hear our message, so we really excited to just bust open this area this week. Luisa is seeing some opposition from her husband, but she is still very close to accepting a date for baptism.

Not much else to report on. The weather is really nice for this time of year, but of course it is already too cold for me. This time last year was freezing and snowing so at least it is better second time around. Hopefully this means that we have a short winter. I just sent some more pictures but I think they'll take a while to get to your box. Well I gotta log off mom but I love you and thanks for all that you do! You are amazing and I can't wait to talk to you!

I love you all and pray for you every day! Take care!!

Con amor E. Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment