Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2 more transfers to go!

Showing off his mad tortilla making skills for ward dinner
Too many cooks in the kitchen
In Okotoks, Alberta to find investigators
Unreal sunset
Deer crossing

Good morning everybody!

First off I want to wish Dad a happy birthday!!! I am not sure what you will be doing, but I hope it is a great day for you!! I will be sitting in a 9 hour meeting Friday and hoping you are having a lot of fun! Yesterday we visited a couple of members and did a training for our district leaders. Today is pday and we are going to go to Beehive Book, which is like Desert Book here, then Unimarket, which is a Latin grocery store, then just to the chapel to ball it up as usual.

That's sweet that you are doing the D&C challenge along with me! I am learning new things everyday. So far what has stuck out to me is how amazing Joseph Smith was. He is so inspired and full of faith in Jesus Christ. Nothing every gets him down, which is incredible. He's a stud. Yeah I got all the emails about Alpine Village, I am stoked! I have no idea what my plan is for after the winter semester...I imagine I would like to come back to Cali for the summer but yeah do whatever you think, the 8 month or 12 month lease works.

We won't get any Spanish elders until Elder Davies and I leave. The zone is doing amazing. We have had 5 baptisms this month, which is the most we have had as a zone since I hit the field. Good to see. All of our faith is so high right now. It is us that put the limits on our capabilities. God has limitless power and He gives it to us, so in reality we should be able to to anything. Fear, doubt, disobedience among other things lower our faith, therefore limiting the available power to use. I have been studying faith lately and I realize how little I actually know about it. I think it could be the most intricate principle of the gospel, although most of us think we understand it perfectly. Another slow week as far as teaching investigators, but that does not change the fact that God is preparing people for us. We have been doing a lot of planting, but there are people here that have already received that step and are ready for the harvest. Every single one of us should have the mindset of a harvester, because the field is white already to harvest. But, along the way, we will be doing lots of planting. But our purpose as members is to harvest the ones already white and ready. We have a sister who is working on Maricela. Hopefully something good happens there. We have a ton of people with high potential, but just having a hard time meeting with them and even just contacting them. The tough part about our situation is that we are teaching Spanish people in Canada...they are immigrants and have to work long hours and multiple jobs, so just super busy schedules that make it difficult. In their own countries they don't have to work as much, therefore more available. Not making an excuse, but just sayin. We have an appt. with a new gator tomorrow, Santiago. He seems super friendly, so let's get him baptized! That is about it for this week. Elder Brandon and I are staying in the area as the ZL's again, so we are excited. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I miss you and pray for you every day. Echale ganas!

Love Elder Draper

Care package:
Chipotle Burrito
In-n-Out burger
Protein bars...big 100
Good and plenty/hot tamales/any other candy I like...also, there is no Wells Fargo here in Canada so I can't cash the check from Lianne!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment