Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Martin Luther King Day

Welcome Winter
Yikes well below zero this week in Calgary
The morning they lifted the Angel Moroni to the top of the new Calgary Temple
Up, up and away...
Beautiful!

Oh happy MLK day!!


I did not even realize that today was a holiday back in the US. Today I think winter officially started, although I have said that several times this year haha. I took this picture on the way to email this morning, just a bit nippy! This week is supposed to be freezing, with the high for the week about -25, which is a good amount below 0 in fahrenheit. Not fun!! Yeah we take turns driving everyday, yes Elder Brandon drives just fine, he is from Cali. The lesson out in High River fell through. We drove all the way out there and they weren't there...bust! But they called the member fellowshipper that night apologizing, so at least we know they aren't avoiding us. High River is in the stake that we cover, so we are not leaving our area when we go out there. We only teach people in our proselyting area.

It was an exciting week to know the Angel Moroni is already up on the Calgary Temple! That really got me excited and made me want to work even harder so we can get more people going throught that temple! It is such an exciting time to be here! We had stake conference yesterday, and it was all focused on temple work. The temple president from Cardston came up and spoke. In the program it said that we have a special stake conference on March 11, and that Elder Cook will be here. Shout out to Dad! I imagine he will be reorganizing the stake, and hopefully will speak to the mission too. Yes, my last temple trip is the first Saturday in March. I talked to Rocky last night at the baptism of Luis and Itzel and he is super excited to go through! Luis and Itzel are a mexican couple who we were able to interview as well. Solid family. This week we taught a new investigator (finally!) Her name is Maricela and we did everything we could. We brought the Spirit so strongly and really used the scriptures well I think, and she even said she believes our message of the restoration is true. But, she obviously does not truly understand it because she is not willing to change from her catholic traditions yet. She reminded me of Nely in a little bit of a different way. We will work a little bit more with her, but unfortunately I don't think she is ready for the gospel right now.

Hmmm ward mission plan ideas well...here is the quickest idea that we are doing here. Our main branch goal is that every single member of the branch bring in ONE person into the church during this year. We are seeing some great success. The missionaries and WML have to keep all the members accountible constantly, making sure that the members are talking to everybody about the gospel and inviting them to learn more. That is not really a plan I guess, but our plan is based around that goal :)

Well next week is transfers, and I am pretty sure I will be staying put with Elder Brandon. But you never know what the Lord has in store! We are working super hard and staying obedient, and we know that the Lord will bless us for that in His own time. We are going to try to seek more revelation and follow the promptings of the Spirit.

Mom about your countdown, I am doing this fun thing that a lot of missionaries do...the D and C challenge. The last 138 days of your mission you read one section of D and C each day. It's great because you just read one section, and you can really study it and receive more revelation. You should try it!

Well I love you all! Thanks for all that you do for me. I can feel your prayers :) Have a great week and go Kobe!!

Elder Draper

Blake, KOBE KOBE KOBE!!!! That is amazing! He is a beast! I really hope that I get to watch him this year...#7 yeah whatev, thanks for the update. Book of Mormon is amazing at BYU! That was my favorite class...do you have Johnson? He was the one everybody wanted to take. Can't believe you are in Provo! That is really a great college town. Hope everything is going great with your mission prep...I am excited!! I was listening to called to serve the other day, and it hit me that my mission is coming to an end...I would do anything to start over again in the MTC...yes seriously, I am not crazy. This has been the best thing in my life, and I am jealous that you are preparing to go. Do work son!! Love you Blake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment