Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Playing indoor soccer yesterday
Ryan used to play club soccer back in the day
Christmas dinner with Elder Rios...
and with his companion Elder Brandon
Ready to chow down on Christmas morning
Have yourself a merry, little Christmas
Dear Santa, Ryan's been good all year!
Half of the Spanish Zone - Elders Rodriquez, Brandon, Draper, Nate, Rios and Stout
The Elbow River Branch Christmas dinner
Elder Brandon, Draper and Soliz look merry and bright!
The Menjivar Family treat the missionaries to a Christmas luncheon every year at their restaurant



Spanish Zone Elders: Seelinger, Holderness, Davies, Nielsen, Rios, Brandon, Nate, Draper, Solis, Stout, Dutson, Rodriguez

Saludos a todos!


Happy Tuesday! I didn't even know that yesterday the libraries were closed...so sorry this is coming to you late but better late than never. It has been a great year so far for me! I just got back from an amazing lunch at Olive Garden, it's the only one in the whole city. I haven't eaten there for a longgg time! They are still the best bread sticks ever.
I am on exchanges right now with Elder Nielsen. We had an appointment with a new investigator at 5:30, but she called and cancelled it just now. We have dinner at 6:30 with the branch president's family and another member lesson at 8:00. We are trying to find people to meet with in between so wish us luck.

You're right mom, pday was yesterday...it was so much fun we played indoor soccer at the chapel. I'm sending you a couple pictures from it. I guess it was a holiday for most people, so basically the whole branch came and played. We had some Legit Spanish people who played professional soccer there. It was fun to play with a little competition again. I want to say it again, Christmas was so great thank you all so much! That card with the digital pictures of us all keeps me entertained and reminded of you all the time...so thank you! Tell Rocann I got her Christmas card and letter and that I say hi and thanks for that. Trent and Brandon look so much older!

Thank you for all the pictures (usually you say that to me) it looks like you had a super fun trip to Utah! Everyone looks happy and still the goof around family that I love! I miss you all! Hopefully I don't throw everybody off and out of their groove when I get back haha. Funny you got to see Chris play against BYU...he looks exactly the same as high school. Yes the weather here has been amazing here too! Seriously I am in heaven with 50 degree weather in January!! It's amazing, so amazing. This week was really really good. I still have not taught any investigators here, but it will happen. We got a few member families super pumped up to invite their non member friends and have a ton of faith that it will work. Hopefully we can teach these people this next week.

New Year's eve we got a great gift from President Archibald. He gave us permission to watch the movie 17 Miracles, and it was so good! I know that I am not just saying that because I am a missionary too haha, it really was a great movie. I recommend it. A cool little story is that we stopped by a member family that is from Brazil, so they speak portugues. It was the coolest thing ever because they spoke to us in portugues, and we taught a lesson in Spanish, and it was as if we were speaking the same language! Now I know that the two languages are similar, but it wasn't that I was picking out words here and there, like I knew exactly what they were saying. That is what I call the gift of tongues :) Luisa is still showing a ton of fear. I talked to her at church this week and the first thing she says to me is "I know I have to get baptized brother, but I just want to make sure I am ready." Ugh man! I told her that she is ready and Heavenly Father is just waiting for her to make this covenant with Him. Fanor's son is getting baptized this Sunday, and she promised to go to it and after the baptism pick a date for herself. We will see what happens. I forget if I shared this miracle was last week but I will share it again. We were walking up to a member appointment, and walking down the street I saw a TV in somebody's window, and on the screen it said "jugadores". Spanish! So we went by the next day and met Maricela from DF. She said she is willing to meet with us! We have an appointment with her tomorrow! Oh yeah another miracle. We went by this potential that we have in our area book, and the lady answered and bashed us hardcore about how we follow Joseph Smith and not Jesus Christ...she really got my blood boiling (I tried not to show it ha), but Elder Brandon did the talking because he handles situations like that better. It just annoys me when people tell me what I believe and who I worship. Anyways we were walking away and I just tried to put it behind me. I felt like we should knock this door nearby, so we knock it and a man answers it. We introduce ourselves and ask how he is doing, and he says not good. He said that his mother passed away the night before and he had know idea what to think or say. Turns out he is Spanish too, his name is Carlos. We immediately testified of the plan of salvation and he told us to come by this week when his traumatic situation died down. Wow did the Lord guide us to that house or what!? I felt the spirit confirm that so strongly as we walked away from the door, well we were actually running and jumping because we were so excited! I know the Lord is preparing the people around us to hear His gospel! Keep opening your mouth and following the Spirit!

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment