Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May!

Happy May!

Well as I type this out I am still trying to get tres leches cake blown out of my nose from yesterday haha! The Morales family invited us over for a big barbecue with the Pavon family and Pompa family. It was a ton of fun and yes I got to do the famous Latin "mordida", and so my face kinda smells like cake still. It was a weekend full of food and cake haha. On Saturday we went to the Bacas, to celebrate my birthday with their daughter Heidi as well, who turned 12. Oh my gosh thanks for those balloons!! Haha such a funny story. We were in the middle of comp study, and there was a knock at the door. I told Elder Rodriguez, I thought it was the Jehovah's Witnesses so don't answer it. Then they knocked again, and I was like ok maybe we should answer. So he got his camera all ready because we were expecting the Jehovah's Witnesses to start bashing with me. I open it and this Indian man with a huge bouquet of balloons and says "Are you Ryan?" I was like yeah, and he said "Well happy birthday", and he leaves the balloons right there and walks away, without any explanation. I couldn't even ask him what this was all about! Haha not until I saw the little note he wrote from you guys and then Sis. Wangsgard told me too. So thank you for that! 


Biggest news is that Victor is getting baptized this Sunday! This is one of the highlights of my mission. During one of my personal studies this week, there was 2 scriptures that randomly came to my mind and I knew that they had to be for Victor. One is the story in D&C 6. Oliver Cowdry is seeking an answer from the Lord that he had already received, and the Lord teaches him that. The other one was Mosiah 18: 8-10, about the baptismal covenant. We read those with Victor and he was like Woahhhh God was totally speaking to me in these scriptures. He said he knows that Heavenly Father is waiting for him to make this decision so He can bless me, so let's do it! It was incredible! This work is all about having the Spirit and receiving revelation, God knows what His children need. We have some high hopes with the Gonzalez family getting baptized this month too. While we were at the Baca party, the Gonzalez family walked in and at the same time we were like what are you doing here?!? Turns out, the Gonzalez's are the godparents of little Dylan Baca, and they did not even know that the Bacas had been baptized into our church! So the Gonzalez's interest got a huge boost because of that, and the Baca's are excited to help us out with them. Yes they are from DF, it stands for Distrito Federal, which is Mexico City, a city of over 20 million people. 

Well I gotta go, but thanks for everything! I am excited to talk to you all next week!

Love you!
Elder Ryan Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment