Monday, June 20, 2011

Golden Investigator - make that Purple and Gold Investigator!

Ready to knock doors - or knock them down? ;)

Taking a break from their zone training meeting

Downtown Calgary - The Annual Calgary Stampede is held right next to the Saddledome

The gangs all here: Elder Soliz, Elder Walker, Elder Harker Elder D, Elder Nielson, Elder Chunn, Elder Walker, Elder Galloway, Elder Brandon, Elder Rudd, Elder Dunlap and Elder Davies

The Spanish Zone at Lake Louise - apparently Elder Draper didn't get the email! He dressed for the beach, not the Canadian Rocky Mountains

Let there be rain.....sleet and snow

Icefields Parkway connects Lake Louise to Jasper, Alberta

He's trying not to show it but he's freezing

Hola mis cuates!

Absolutely amazing week! The blessings we are receiving are unbelievable! First miracle: I don't remember if I told you about the story with that family from Sri Lanka we met in the west? They are the ones that live right above Rocky and that one day I felt inspired super strongly to knock the door. Well the sisters have been teaching them the last month or so and they are getting baptized this Saturday!!! That was a good reassurance that the prompting I had came from the Spirit...I can't imagine how much trouble I would be in if I didn't follow that prompting haha. I have really learned how to receive revelation and to act on it. So the big news is that we have FINALLY set a baptismal date! But it came from an unexpected place! We went by a part member family last week, Juan Carlos and Kristen Garcia. She is an inactive member and he is not a member. They are from D.F. The elders have taught Juan Carlos the last 2 years, but he really has had no desire to progress. We dropped by and they agreed to feed us dinner the next day. So we go in just planning on teaching Kristen because Juan apparently has no interest. We read 2 Nephi 31 with them and at the end Juan Carlos says" Look Elders I have been thinking and I am ready to be baptized. How do we start that process?" My jaw dropped to the floor, because I had heard so many things about him not wanting anything to do. So we set the date for next Sunday the 26th at 6 PM! He is progressing nicely. It is just crazy how the Lord has a specific time frame and moves the pieces around just right to make things happen. So we are stoked about that and we will have some pics for next week!

Speaking of moving the pieces around at the right time, the Lord has done that as well with Juan Martinez, the family friend of the Amaya's who arrived to Calgary! He came to church yesterday and we met...he is the coolest kid ever! You know those people who you are 100% sure that you met them and knew them before, whether here or in the pre-mortal life? Yeah I don't have many of those people in my life, but Juan is definitely one of them . He is 22 or 23 and is Mexican. His family has been just destroyed (father committed suicide, mom left, siblings have gone awry, etc.) He has lived all over the US. But I swear I have met him before. He is the biggest Laker and Kobe fan of all time, so you know how we are getting along hah! He loves basketball and we have all the same interests. But of course he is so prepared to be baptized. He opened up to us and shared his life story, it was one of the most touching and spiritual moments of my mission. I really have made an awesome friend in 1 day! It is a tremendous blessing to be able to teach him and help him progress in the gospel. He is ready to be baptized, but we are waiting to hear back from President Archibald, who has to talk to the mission president down in Kansas to determine what needs to happen so Juan can get baptized here. If he does not get baptized this weekend, it will be the next weekend for sure. We are super excited!!! The Lord is totally guiding this work!

Banff was lots of fun! It was freezing and pouring rain, but I had a great time. We went to a couple lakes (Lake Louis and another one) and stayed just for a couple hours. I definitely want to go back after the mission for vacations and stuff, it is so tranquilo up there. We have not down much street contacting downtown, unless we feel super inspired to go. It is a safe city, but the people are super rude and mean but I am sure that is everywhere.

Hahaha nick you are so funny! I miss you! I am doing pretty good. Yeah I am pretty sure that is the same Bleidistel that I had...she taught history and language arts. School is out yeahhh! That is awesome you are getting a 24 hour pass! You gotta get ripped...have you grown any more lately? I haven't seen any pics in a while. Yeah I heard all about the finals now...I love it. I heard that Dwight Howard might join Kobe??? How possible is that? Love the joke about LeBron...he isn't humble enough to win a ring! Haha love you Nick!

Happy Birthday Madison! You are getting so old! I hope you have a spectacular birthday and have lots of fun with your friends. I miss you a lot and I promise I will be at your 12th birthday next year! Keep being a good girl! I love you! Have a great week and enjoy your summer!

Thanks for writing Blake! Wow this is the week for you! I can't tell you how stoked I am for you...it is going to be so much fun! You are so ready for it and you are going to dominate. I was wondering about who was using my Macbook haha that's good to know. If you don't mind I would love to see a copy of your blessing...but if you want me to see it while we are together I respect that too. I totally forgot Isaac got a scholarship...holy cow you got a sweet hookup there! Remember when we got to shoot around on the Marriott center with Mike Rose? Legittt. Well Blake I will be praying for you hard this week. Everything is going to be great and after a week you will be settled in and will have life on your own figured out. It is pretty easy haha. Love you bro! Have a great graduation and send me an email next week from Provo!!!

So next week pday is on Tuesday because we have transfers, the Spanish Zone is going to be completely different after 6 elders go home. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment