Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday June 6, 2011

Saturday temple trip with the Spanish ward
Half of the Spanish Zone: (L) Elder Soliz, Elder Rudd, Elder D, Elder Galloway, Elder Brandon and Elder Chunn

Rocky was their chauffeur, this was his second temple trip since his baptism and also Ryan's too
Elder Draper and Rocky Balboa doing their tough guy pose
Juan Carlos (Rocky) and Elder Draper
Elder Soliz, Elder Chunn, Lizz's mom, Elder Draper, Elder Rudd, Elder Brandon, Elder Galloway and sweet Lizz
Elder Draper with Elder Galloway
Elder Rudd, Lizz and Elder Draper

Que onda familia!?

This week was great! Weeks are going by so fast!! The temple trip was amazing! Our ride to the temple cancelled the night before, so we scrambled to find someone to take us. I called Rocky up, knowing that he was already taking the bus, but of course he is a stud and was willing to change his plan and drive us to Cardston in his van. Let me just say I got to experience my first Mexican road trip I have ever been on (dad would understand haha). He stopped a bunch to check his oil and tires, but made up the time driving ridiculously fast. I am not going to say how fast because it will scare you mom! He is so funny, decked out in his suit button all the way up and with his shades on he looked like a limo driver. I don't see him at all since transfers, but he calls a bunch to see what's up. We had beautiful weather and I learned a ton in the session because we went through in English, which was nice. Always better to hear the gospel in your language. I love this area because we are teaching so many people! I am used to the branch now, and we get fed alright, less than the west area though. We are about 10 minutes from the chapel (it is on the corner of Elbow Dr. and Heritage Dr.) and about 15 minutes from the mission home. Alright I will get you the tacos al pastor recipe, but I'm sure it is on the internet. I will start collecting recipes to send home...I wonder if there is a Spanish market around our house where you can buy real Spanish stuff...there are a couple up here so I'm sure there are all around at home.

This week we had 5 gator lessons with 3 different people! We didn't meet with Alberto this week because he was looking for a place to live, and on Saturday he found the place! It is right by his work and the chapel so that was many prayers answered. He has no excuse now to accept a date tonight, so we are planning on that. We set a baptismal date on Wed. with a lady named Roxanne from the Dom. Rep. She is visiting her LDS son here from Toronto. She accepted to be baptized this Friday, the day before she heads back to Toronto. She agreed to live all the commandments, but the next day when we talked about chastity, a few problemitas came out so we had to cancel the baptism for now. She is going to go back and either get married to her boyfriend or move out, so she can get baptized. We picked up a new gator named Patricia from Colombia who got invited by a member family. She is actually looking for a church right now and loved the first lesson, she should accept baptism this week. There is a lady named Luz Marina who is super interested, another lady named Patricia and her husband Francisco, and another Francisco whose wife is a member. Those are the people closest to baptism, and we have a few other that will take a little more work.

Life is great here. The Lord is blessing us tremendously and I feel super content with the work I am doing. This gospel is true and my testimony of it has strengthened so much. Thanks for your wonderful examples and testimonies. It sounds like everyone is doing great and that is the best thing I can hear. I love you all so much and will keep praying for you!!!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment