Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tuesday June 31, 2011

Always a treat to eat with the Amaya familySister Amaya's taught him how to make her famous fruit smoothy
Elder Draper and his sweet (but most stubborn!) convert, Nelli, after a having lunch with her and her husband

So many changes this week! Not only here but at home it sounds like too! So I got a call from the AP's on Thursday night and was informed that I will be training! I will meet him tonight at a fireside, then Wednesday we go off to work! On my email this morning it says his last name is Rios...does that mean he is a native Spanish speaker?? I hope so that would be awesome. But the crazy part is that I am also serving with my trainer again, Elder Rudd, and we are the Zone Leaders! So we are in a three leg, covering the central area and the west area, my old area!!! It is just a perfect situation. We are going to be soooooo busy and I know it'll be tough, but I am so ready for it. It is time to kick it up a gear and do work. Juan Carlos made it all the way up to the interview on Saturday night, but he did not pass it. He doesn't quite understand the true nature of God and he doesn't believe we are the only church back to Christ (doesn't understand authority yet.) But we will keep working with him because he still wants to be baptized. Juan Martinez, the friend of Sis. Amaya, is doing great and will be baptized on Sunday! It will be a private baptism, so should be really spiritual. Then we were able to set a another date with a lady named Patricia Salinas. She is Colombian and wants to be baptized on the 10th of July. She is super solid and ready to be baptized. Those are the people we have lined up to be baptized. We have a couple more people who are progressing, and then we are absorbing the west area so whatever they have going on we will have too. I am excited to be in Rocky's area again.

What a lucky experience you had seeing all the apostles behind closed doors basically. Real Life:The Apostles haha. Yeah Elder Bednar came to the mission last year and he told them how he wakes up every morning at 5 and runs miles and miles and miles. He is a machine! I hope I will be doing that into my 60's too. Blake seems to be settled and enjoying life, so that's good. Hey I was wondering if you wanted to send me up an SD card? I am ready to send you one with lots of new things on it. Cool thanks ha. But yeah thanks for everything and I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Love Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment