Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday August 22, 2011

One happy guy!
Calgary is so pretty in the summer
Summer storm on the way
This is the day Jorge was baptized!

Hello fam!

It is crazy to see that summer is coming to a close! That went by so fast! Looks like you have one more trip to go, then back to the grind. I know you'll have a great time in Orlando, don't get caught in that hurricane! So Salt Lake came out with a statement that missionaries are including too much information about investigators and people from their missions, and stuff is getting posted on the internet (like my emails going on blogs) which is creating problems. So I have to vague up my emails a little bit ha, sorry mom.

This week was just a little better than last week, which is a good sign. Still slow, but moving nonetheless. Francisco says he is not ready to progress yet, which is just fine. We are going to continue working with their family and building their faith. We don't have any other solid investigators right now, but that is not going to last long. This week was packed full of times where the Lord guided us to Spanish people or cars/houses with Spanish flags or signs in the windows. I mean there are only about 20,000 latinos in the whole city, so it is pretty crazy that we are able to find them. I was able to interview a couple for baptism and it tuned out to be one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission by far (you'll have to ask me about it when I get home sorry).

Crazy that elementary school is over for the Draper kids, wow Maddie is off to middle school? She'll do just fine though I have faith! Congrats Rachel! That is so awesome that she is behind the wheel now!!! It is hard for my brain to register that haha. I don't know why our district is without district leaders, but I have been handling it okay. Obviously it would be nice to have a little help and more time to focus on our area, but the Lord is making up the differences. I feel super inadequate a lot of times, and it is a true thought haha. I am still trying my best and working to get better, but ultimately it is the Lord that fills in the gaps and shapes us into who we really are. It is not that we are becoming a different person, but we are actually becoming the person we really are with the capabilites that we will have.

Pues los quiero mucho, disculpenme por la cartita, voy a trabajar mas duro esta semana para que tenga mas cosas para compartirselas. Me da gusto estar aqui como representante de Jesucristo y espero que me recuerden durante estos meses jajaja. Y orale, nos vamos a ver en 9 mesitos! Cuidense!

I love you all,
Elder Draper

Thanks for the email dad! Yeah I am super busy but having a great time. Yes, Elder Davies and I are the oldest in our Zone which is still so hard to believe. The time is passing so quickly. We usually are fed 4 or 5 meals a week. Still loving the food! Yeah I knew Tyler Bench and cannot believe his mission is done. That was so fast! Nice to see DBH launching the new site, hope that goes well for you. The temple is coming along well from what I can see. I will be gone for the dedication for sure, it's taking longer than they planned. That would be fun to come back up for the dedication! Sounds like you've got Orlando all planned out, I hope you all have a fun time through the humidity haha. Just don't go to a Daughtry concert without me ;) Well thanks for all your advice dad! Love you and talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment