Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday August 29, 2011

During weekly planning I have to call all of the companionships and get a "board update" or update on each of their gators

Mis cuates!

First, to answer your question mom, no it does not make me sad when you talk about your trips and reminiscing! I really appreciate it actually. It makes me feel good knowing that you are all still there thinking about me...that helps me be able to focus on the work because I know everything is well with with you so thank you! Looks like Orlando is treating you well. Thanks for the great pictures. Yes we will get in plenty of vacationing next summer! Yeah my journal writing has dropped to once or twice a week, but I am covering most of the big stuff so I think I am doing alright with that.

So this was a pretty great week. As I was sending off last week's email, we got 2 phone calls from English members with references for us! They have Spanish friends that seem very interested in the gospel, and we will be meeting with them this week! There are 3 weeks left in the transfer, and Elder Dutson and I have a goal of 3 baptisms in the transfer...which means Sep. 18 is the day to do it! Our faith is really strong and know that good things are going to happen. I can imagine singing "In the middle of September, we helped 3 people get saved..." hahaha (inside family joke!). On Tuesday we met Elder David Baxter of the 70. He is from Scotland and taught us a lot about finding investigators. He has a very strong personality.

Pretty crazy thing happened last night as well...another companionship in our zone got in a car accident coming home. Everybody is safe and nobody was hurt very serious at all, but a pretty messy crash. When I got the call I got super worried and I think my first "father instinct" kicked in. It was a crazy realization of how much I love our elders and that I have developed some life long friendships with them. Although it can get stressful, it is great to be able to serve them through church assignments, because I come to learn a lot about myself. I don't know why most of the car crashes that friends have been in (including mine) have happened during the mission but I'm grateful because the Lord definitely protects his missionaries.

We are definitely excited for this week with teaching all these new people. Saturday we are going to the Cardston temple! I love being there and being able to receive revelation. The next time I go to the temple will be in March when Rocky gets his endowment! The time is going so fast, and I am learning so much. Next week we will email on Tuesday because of Labor Day, even Canadians celebrate that.

Well I love you all and thanks so much for your prayers and support, it really means a lot to me. I feel like we are all serving this mission together, because it really isn't mine. All the credit to Heavenly Father.

Have a great week! Love Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment