Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday September 15, 2011

Last picture with good ol' Elder Rudd
First picture with new comp Elder Dutson from Delta, Utah
Found these on Facebook, Sister Cisneros tagged Ryan in these pictures with this couple at dinner for their Anniversary
How sweet to invite the missionaries along to your anniversary dinner!
Ryan thinks the Magic Bullet is the best invention ever
He's opened his own Jamba Juice franchise in his apartment :)

Que onda!?
So the conclusion that I have come to is that the farther along you go in the mission, the harder it gets haha. Makes sense, but I always imagined it would get easier because of all the increase in knowledge you acquire. That definitely is not true haha. Well not that it gets harder, but there is more responsibility I guess that's the difference. I am so busy with zone responsibilities (still the lone ZL) and our own proselyting area, its insane. I just need more time!

News this week: Ricardo has not gotten back from Edmonton so he didn't get baptized. I don't cover that area anymore but the missionaries there are still working on it. Elder Dutson is my new missionary and he's a stud! He is from Delta, UT and we have so many things in common. He is a big basketball player, loves working out, and is studying the same thing I want to start studying in school. He is a super nice kid and very humble and I have already learned a ton from him just the way he goes about his business. His Spanish level is very good too so he is helping a lot by adding to our lessons. We expect to see some big things over the next 2 transfers together. We will probably be together for 12 weeks with the new training program that was implemented.

This week of missionary work was very slow, just due to transfers and me trying to figure out how to help the whole Zone without district leaders. I really love doing regular missionary work, so having to take time for Zone Leader stuff is definitely a sacrifice, but of course I am willing to do that. We taught Francisco this week, his wife is Canadian and currently is inactive. He took lesson one very well and is taking the necessary steps to be receive a confirmation about the church and baptism. The Lord had a huge hand in that lesson and we feel really good about the situation. He is our only progressing investigator right now though. We are trying hard to work with a couple members who have friends that they want to invite. One of them is a family of 5 or 6, so that is a lot of potential! I didn't hear from Rocky so I don't know if he received the Melchezedik Priesthood yet. I don't remember if you have to wait until stake conference so they can announce it, maybe that is what's happening. He works in construction, like rock work and landscape, stuff like that. I have not seen those pictures yet. I haven't seen Sister Amaya in a long time so who knows. I'm glad you see pictures the members post on Facebook and yes I'm sending a few more today.

But despite everything, I am happy and having a great time. I finally bought a MAGIC BULLET...best purchase of the mission by far haha.I love making milk shakes and smoothies to have at every meal. I am enjoying the work and being able to serve all of the Spanish missionaries here. I could not have learned some of the life lessons I have learned here anywhere else.

Blake! Glad to hear provo treated you well! WOW that was so fast! I can't believe you are already back! It felt like 3 weeks seriously. Nice work with the grades ;) And thanks for updating the music and movie list, we'll enjoy all that next summer, should be fun. How was weight training? I am sure I will have to take that for the major I want to pick. Well have a fun August and keep it up! Love yaaa

Booya! I get to interview two more baptismal candidates on Tuesday. Those are the neatest experiences ever! I love you all so much, and hope and pray that you have a great week!

Love Elder Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment