Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday September 6, 2011

Pictures from Saturday's trip to the Cardston Temple




Que onda!?

No I can't believe that we are in the nine month of 2011! It is so hard for that to sink in for me. Sorry this is later than usual but we had a district meeting this morning. I'll have to email president the district comment sheet, which is a summary of all the companionships this week, after I finish up your email. Yesterday was pday and we balled it up with an English district and then had dinner with a member family from Sonora. They fed us barbacoa tacos...so good! Here's that really good recipe for Spanish flan for you mom:

1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of condensed milk
4 eggs
1 spoon full of vanilla
390 C for 20 min (you will have to convert 390 celcius haha)

That would be really sweet if you could send me a DVD with all of the pictures and videos of the mission. I haven't seen them from the beginning so that would be fun to see them again!

This week was really cool. We picked up four new investigators (finally!!) They all seem pretty solid and we praying hard that they progress and are baptized within the next 2 months. Leidy from Colombia is very open and is willing to ask God if this gospel is true. Pedro and Daniela from Argentina are siblings and did not even know that our church believed in Christ! Can you believe that? I have never met anybody on my mission with that thought before. Pedro was super excited to open up the Book of Mormon and analyze it. And Amalia is the mother of a member in our ward, and she is very busy with work and cannot come to church on Sundays. She cannot leave her job until her residencia arrives, so everyone is praying that that will arrive this month so she can get baptized. We received a few more references so hopefully they turn into investigators.

The temple was AMAZING! Having gone through it now, there is no way I could live without it...I wish we could go more often. I can't think of a better place on earth to go and seek revelation, it is amazing. Mom I saw Liz in the cafeteria and she told me she talked to you, but we had to leave in order to be back in Calgary by 6:00 pm. It was super fun and I learned lots of great things. I don't think that we can do baptisms for the dead, but not sure. Rocky didn't go because he had to work, but he officially received the Melchizedek priesthood!!! He got it after 6 months of membership, which is unheard of! I can't wait to go through with him in February when he gets his endowment. I was super excited to hear that Blake was able to do an anointing! Wow that is powerful! Neat experience. He will be giving lots of blessings up at school, trust me it happened to me ha. I gave one this week as well to Amalia's husband. He is super sick and bed-ridden, I am not really sure what he has. But the blessing said that he would be healed so that he would have the opportunity to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and be able to accept it or reject it here on earth. But, he did the sign of the cross after so who knows if that will affect anything ;)

Care package...hmmm...I would like maybe some thick black socks for winter haha. I don't really need any more clothes or ties though. I'll save asking for those for when I get home. Maybe some protein and power bars. You know me very well hehe. Well I love you all so much and thanks for writing me! I hope you all have a great week back in school or enjoy not having kids in the house, whatever applies haha.

Love you!!!

Elder Draper

Hey thanks for your testimony dad! Yeah temple was way good as always. Man I think the cougs played Texas right?? That would be a big win! That talk by Elder Bednar is really, really good! I have to send you a couple of other really good talks that have helped me too...they are kind of underground talks so I don't know if you could find them on the internet...one is called "The Fourth Missionary" and the other is "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary". Both were given by mission presidents and super solid. Crazy you are getting sister missionaries, it's a first in LR2! Well have a great week and fly HOME safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment