Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Countdown continues...

Down to 3 weeks!

I love that the Lord gives you major trials and challenges at what we think is the end of all our worries. Victor did not get baptized this week. His family in Peru still does not know and he is scared to make this commitment and then go back and break the commandments he will promise to obey. In a way he is right, but we can't let other influence our duty to do God's will. He is going to talk to his family in Peru this Saturday, which we are trying to convince him not to do, because it could lead to him not wanting to be baptized ever. It's tough, but we fasted for him this week and are praying for him and doing everything we can to push the influences of Satan and fear out of his life. He is good kid with a good heart so I know it will be ok. So that has been tough on us this week, but we are still chugging along. We are having a hard time setting up appointments with the couple of families that we are teaching. It's ok though, because this week we found a couple new families to teach and hopefully that process starts this week. 

On Tuesday I had my last zone conference, and Elder Melchin, the area authority, presided. It was really neat. I got picked to share a short talk on sacrifice and then since it was my last conference, I got to go up and share my departing testimony. I felt more comfortable doing it in Spanish, so I did. I also got the birthday card from Grandma and Grandpa with the money, so please tell them thank you! Really that was all the highlights from this week. Every single member we visit has to give me advice about going home, even though the majority of them never even served missions haha. It is so crazy how fast it has gone by. Yes I got the package you sent, thank you! I especially liked the card...new car? Haha jk. It is very difficult to gather my thoughts and put into words what I have learned on the mission, because they are so many amazing things. Where do I even start? I will put more though to it and see what I feel inspired to come up with. 

Well this next week should be a great week, I'm excited. All I know is that this is God's work, and He is leading us right along. I just want to be affiliated with missionary work for the rest of my life!! It has strengthed my testimony so much, and I know there is so much more to learn! 

Did you ever get the pictures I sent last week? I don't know why the server is so slow lately and not sending. What time would be best for you to call 11:00 or 4:00? Elder Rodriguez is calling in the morning and is not quite sure about the time difference in Spain so if you called at 4 Calgary time that would be the safest bet. We will leave church at 3:30 and will be home and waiting at 4:00. We have dinner at the Morales later so it'll work out great!

I love you all!!! Talk to you on Sunday!!!

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment