Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day after Mother's Day call

 The Mexican tradition of everyone pushing your face in your birthday cake "Mordida!"
Balloons for the birthday boy!
 Ward Mothers Day Activity with Elder Dutson and Elder Rios
The comedian and Ryan having some laughs


That was a great phone call!! I hope my family is still crazy like that because that is the way I like it! Haha it was fun to hear you all and even more exciting to know that we can continue talking in a couple weeks! The Mother's Day dinner at the Morales home was great as usual, they had some non members there with them so we got to talk to them a bit. They made liver tacos, and it was alright ha. I think I like tacos de cabeza better. Yeah my hair is pretty long right now for a missionary, so hopefully it lasts another 2 weeks, then I will go into a salon for sure before coming home. (I asked Ryan to skip buzzing his own head for his homecoming!) Yeah anybody is welcome at the airport like I said. Yes taking a drive down the coast sounds great to me! I think that first day I am just going to want to talk to everybody and catch up, you know? That would be a good way to do that. We can eat where ever as well, whatever you want. But other than that, I think everything is ready to go! I think we should come up here after General Conference for the dedication of the temple. I'd love that, just sayin. Next Monday is Victoria Day, so I will be emailing Tuesday. We can plan more stuff if we need to. 


This week as far as teaching investigators was non existent. Victor pretty much wants to make this decision on his own. He avoids talking about the gospel and baptism with us. I don't know why he is so scared of his family and friends. He has received such a strong witness of the gospel. All we can do is fast and pray and support him. We will do everything we can to get him baptized this month. Saturday night we had the ward Mothers Day activity and that was super fun. They hired a Mexican comedian and he had some pretty funny jokes, I sent a picture of me and him. Like I said a ton of non members came so hopefully we can see some action with that. Well next week Rocky is taking us to Banff!! I am wayyy excited! I will be taking lots of pictures for sure. That is all I got to say for this week since we already talked about everything else on Sunday. Next time I email I have faith we are going to have some baptisms lined up! 


I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment