Tuesday, May 29, 2012

These have been the best two years!


A quick note from this proud & extremely blessed Missionary Mom: 

I don't think Ryan sent any pictures today (I found this one posted on his Facebook yesterday) but I'll post all the pictures of his homecoming at the airport after he returns. We have so many mixed emotions but the strongest feeling I have is an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the safe return of our son and the opportunity to soon meet the new and improved Ryan. We know that the Lord has tried, shaped and molded his character, testimony and spirit in ways it never could have grown had he not served this mission. It's impossible for our hearts to be more full of thanks for the blessings his mission have brought to each member of our family. Undeniably we are all better from this 2 year adventure and eternally grateful to have been a small part of this greatly inspired and miraculous thing called "a mission". 


“And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God” D&C 42:6

Thanks for taking the time to check in and read his emails but mostly for writing and your loving support to Ryan. Next up Blake! 

With loving thanks, 
Teri
Missionary Mom to Elder Ryan Draper, Canada Calgary Mission 5/2010-5/2012
Missionary mom to Elder Blake Draper, El Savador/Belize Mission 8/2012-8/2014

Dear Family,

Has it seriously been 2 years? I honestly feel like it has been a dream to me, all of the experiences seem to be in random spots in my brain. Experiences I had long forgotten about have been flooding into my mind the last week. It has made me so grateful for my Father in Heaven and His infinite love and mercy and patience with me. The most cliche line in the Church is 100% true: These have been the best 2 years! The Lord has stretched me beyond what I thought I could do, and has taught me how to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that will be the big question in the next few weeks, "So what did you learn on your mission?" Obviously it is a ton of things, from how to receive revelation, how to love others, the importance of service, etc. I have been thinking about it, and it all goes back to the one and only true doctrine, the doctrine of Christ. I have learned how to apply those basic principles and ordinances of faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. That has become the foundation of my life. When the trials and trouble come, I will have my foundation built on this doctrine, and I can feel confident that everything will be ok. I could never stop thanking Heavenly Father for this honor of representing His Son for 2 years. I wish I could continue in this calling forever. President sent me a very nice email that made me feel so warm inside. He said "You have served with distinction in the program and the Lord is smiling at your service just as I am." I have never felt more inadequate or unable to do something than I have felt while serving the Lord. It is a big responsibility. Yet, the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes all things possible. I know He is the Savior of us all.

Well the rest of the day should be lots of fun! I am going to get my haircut, then we are all going to Rocky's house to eat and get in our last few hours of fun! I want stop by a few other members as well so they can sign your quilt. Tomorrow is it! In the morning we will go to the transfer station, then the whole day I will be in the mission home. Not too sure what happens there but I think they give you a nice dinner, then the fireside at 7:00. All the members have been so loving to me and have committed to come to it, so I am excited. Then we wake up bright and early for the airport, yes 3:00 am! Oh don't worry I will let you know if there are changes or delays to my flight. 

I love you all! I am so grateful that Father in heaven has kept you safe and blessed you, it has helped me so much here. Well hope you enjoy seeing DAUGHTRY without me haha, and I will see you all in 2 days!!! Goodnight, Canada.

Con amor,
Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment