Friday, June 18, 2010

Fourth Letter MTC

Memories of my two little die hard Laker fans at the
2004 NBA Finals





*We sent an email last night to Ryan after the World Champion Lakers beat the Boston Celtics in an intense game 7 to fill him in on all the details & this is his reaction to the news:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! This is the happiest missionary of all time!!!! Back to back baby!!!! Ugh I just found out and I have to cheer in my head because I am in a builiding right now! Everyone please run around and party for me! Wow I knew they would do it! Kobe would not let us lose the Finals at home! Dad send me everything Lakers: Championship tees, my hat, articles, pictures, anything. I cannot print emails so send hard copies of everything pretty please. Wow I am so happy and excited!

Ok that is so cool to hear about Rob! (*Rob works for Jamey and has expressed some interest in the church and has been given a Book of Mormon*) Dad I hope he is able to realize the promptings of the Spirit as a gift from Heavenly Father. I would love to teach him right now! He seems like a really nice guy. Blake: That was so neat to hear about your testimony! I thank you for that! I wish we could go on a mission at the same time. It would be so much fun. Focus on your mission the next two years. Get to know the bible! I barely know it but I need to!

So my estimated departure date is July 27, a Tuesday I think. Let's hope that sticks. Today was my last time in the Temple because it is getting major renovations the next 5 weeks :( But I was able to have a great spiritual experience there this morning so that is good. Hopefully we can hit up the Cardston temple during my mission. The Temple gives me so much power I can't live without it now.

Yes Elders Crittenden and Harman left for the Guatemala MTC on Wednesday. They were awesome missionaries and we look foward to hanging after the mish. Mom do not worry they signed my mission quilt :) We have two new ones that are not in to any sports at all. But that is ok with me, we are here for the same reason which gives us all something in common. One from Illinois and Utah. At least they don't sleep talk ;)

Our lesson this week went great! We taught the Plan of Salvation to a volunteer investigator. We were able to commit him to repent of their sins. At the end of the lesson, I felt prompted to invite him to be baptized, and he accepted! ALthough it is just a member pretending, I really felt like I was teaching and testifying to a real investigator. I can testify that it is truly the Spirit that teaches, not the teacher. On Tuesday we heard from Donald Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy. He gave a great talk. What I took away from that talk was how important the Spirit is in our learning. He asked us that during his talk that we would not take any notes on what he said, rather to take notes on what we were feeling. I did that and had the coolest experience. I can promise you will learn so much more through the Spirit than the person talking. So, next time you guys take notes during a talk or meeting, I challenge you to take notes on how you feel and to pay attention to that, rather than right down what the speaker says. If we write down what we feel we will actually be more inclined to go back and read over our thoughts, instead of a speakers thoughts.

That is about it for this week! The Lakers win will definitely carry me through the next 5 weeks here. I am so stoked. Let's go for another 3 peat! I hope all of you guys have an awesome week! School is almost out! Please go to the beach for me!! My tan is gone!! haha I love all of you so much!! Thank you for every letter and prayer it means the world to me! Keep looking for missionary opportunities!! Everyone needs the chance to hear the gospel!! See you next week!!

Cheezit's sound really good about now if you guys wouldn't mind sending a couple boxes, thank you!
--
Much love,

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment