Friday, June 11, 2010

Third Letter MTC





Hello again Drapers!!

Thank you all for your letters! Rachel and Nick those handwritten ones are the best, you guys are the best!! Thanks for your letters too Blake :) You guys really keep me going strong. Write everyday on dear elder if you want I love it.

Ok so I have temple at the same time every Friday, so yes mom I was up at 5:30 again. That won't change but it's cool we have a ton of free time today so naps are ok! That was so so neat to hear about the Combe family! Ugh it just makes me jealous of Elders Zant and Brainerd. I want to teach people so badly and baptize them. I am sure that is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

My Spanish is basically unbelievable haha. I really do believe in the gift of tongues. I can basically understand everything people say in Spanish now. It is awesome. I say all of my prayers in Spanish now, and try to speak it as much as I can throughout the day, which is a lot. In 2 weeks I will give my first lesson in Spanish! It is the coolest language ever I love it.

I have to tell you guys about last night (funny story). So we were sleeping and all of a sudden Elder Crittenden starts sleep yelling "Elder Davies” (my companion) Then Elder Davies starts sleep talking saying "Como". Um they were literally talking to each other while still asleep!! It was the weirdest thing I have ever heard! I thought for sure they were awake but they were totally sleeping. I am the only person in my room who doesn't sleep talk or do weird things at night hahaha.

Okay Tuesday Devotional was so awesome! We heard from Robert D. Hales!! He gave such a great talk. He spoke about how missionaries have a countenance about them that shines brighter the more we are obedient. I believe it. He said as missionaries, we have to recognize the people that are ready to hear the gospel. It just made me super excited to cruise the streets of Calgary and just find those people that the Lord will place in my path. Elder Hales said every person you talk to was put in your path by Heavenly Father and there is a reason for you to talk to them. Whether or not they accept your message right then and there is irrelevant. Open your mouth, and the Lord will do His will.

Well shoot that is too bad about the Lake Show. I had already started to tell all the Laker haters around here we would be up 3-1 for sure. Well, hopefully we can get that last win in Boston and win in 6! Send me any and all Laker championship gear :)

I cannot believe school is almost out for you guys! The time is really flying by for me in here. Feels like it has only been a week. I will continue to send as many pictures as I can. It is so much fun to be a missionary. You have to experience it to know that feeling. I only get to do this once, so I'm going to do the best I can and to have the most fun I can. I know that this time will seriously fly by, so I will take advantage of this prestige and humbling calling I have. Do I ever feel unworthy or inadequate? Absolutely. But I know the Lord needs me where I am and He needs me to learn Spanish and He needs me to help build up His Kingdom. I know if I do all I can, He will bless with the rest of the skills and tools I will need to accomplish His work.

Well I love all of you SO MUCH! I can feel of your love and prayers and support. I pray for all of you every day and I can promise you the Lord is looking out for you as I work for Him. Have an amazing week and I can't wait to hear from you soon!!! Love,

--

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment