Friday, July 2, 2010

Sixth Letter MTC

Buenos dias familia y amigos!

What a sweet week!!! Thank you all for your letters and love. Mom that was cool about President Monson I loved seeing those! Well, we did not get to see him on Friday....But the fireside was insane!!!! Dallin H. Oaks spoke to us about why our church is the only true church. It was great. But it was so hard to watch him the whole time because 8 of the 12 apostles were on the stand behind him!!!! I shot a video of myself talking about it and I am sending to Alexa so you will get to see that next week! Seeing that many apostles of the Lord live in person was really a treat for sure!!!

Mom I know you are so jealous of me after I tell you our speaker at our devotional this Tuesday was Sister Dalton. She gave a great talk about virture. She really is good with speaking to the younger generation. My first full Spanish lesson was Wednesday!! It was so insane I realized I can teach the first lesson completely in Spanish! I have learned so much here!! Our "investigator" was a probably 60 year old member of the church who is a native of Chile and came to Utah on his mission way back then. By the way Chileans are known to be the fastest Spanish speakers in the world, so did I know what he said when we asked him questions? Absolutely not haha. There is such a huge difference between my teachers speaking Spanish and actual native speakers.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week! 3 weeks is a new record time for me! But I really did get so much out of it spiritually. I started D&C yesterday so anyone can follow along with me if they want to accept that challenge! I will be done reading it in 2 weeks easily. I am trying to read through the standard works cover to cover because I hear there is not much time for reading in the field, there your study time is mostly spent on studying for your investigators, rather than your own self.

Ok a cool thing we learned about this week. Starting July 7, mormon.org is getting a completely new page. There will be a place one the website where members of the church can make profiles and share their testimonies and stuff for investigators to check out. You guys should make a profile!! They are letting all the missionaries make one too so maybe you'll be able to look up my profile :)

Alright well I saved the biggest news for last......Elder Davies and I got made the new Zone Leaders!!!!!!!!!!! We got called Sunday and we are STOKED! There are currently 5 districts of about 50 elders in our zone, so that is our responsibility. Basically we are the key example for the other missionaries. We have to exemplify the class act missionary, which has really motivated me to be a better missionary. I really do love being in leadership postitions because they are all about serving others and being an example, which I love doing. My Patriarchal Blessing says I love serving others too. We also collect numbers from all the districts for how many contacts they got this week, lessons taught, and things like that. It really has been a blast being a Zone leader, and I am assuming that we will be in this position until we leave. I sent you guys something in the mail about it so you might actually get it today.

Well my computer time is coming to a close!! I don't like that haha. I love you all so so so much!!! Your letters and support motivate me every day to work extra hard and to become the best missionary I can be!! Keep me in the loop with all of your activities this week!!

Love,
Elder Draper

Um my teacher said Kobe's finger is arthritic and similar to an 80 year old mans finger? Can someone explain this? My heart dropped when I heard it haha. 3.5 more weeks until the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment