Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday November 15, 2010

Glad you like those videos! Yep glad you noticed the more muscular me haha. Working out is my relaxing time during the mission I guess. Yeah last Monday we played pick up games and ElderGalloway videoed a lot of it so I will get those from him sometime.

I will be looking for that package! Man 6 months gone already. I can't describe how fast but slow that has felt. SO crazy. Yeah none of the mothers follow that rule about the packages I heard. They love their sons too much I guess! Sounds like a pretty chill Thanksgiving. Mine will be spent at the Lopez home. Sis. Lopez is like my second mom. We come by their house a lot because her husband is the ward mission leader, and she looks at our dinner calendar and puts her name on every empty space. Such a nice lady. Everyone is going to look way taller when I am back. Holy cow it is so weird! Can't even believe it.

Well another slow week here with teaching. But Nely came to church which was great!! Let's hope something happens soon with that! Friday night was the talent show for the ward. No investigators showed up which was a bummer. I shot a few videos that you will get pretty soon, once I send home my SD card again.

On Sunday I had to teach Gospel Principles class. Of course it happened to be Lesson 38 Eternal Marriage but it was fun to teach the class. I learned something way cool about marriage though! When a couple is sealed in the temple, the man is not technically sealed to the wife. Nor is she sealed to him. The woman becomes sealed to the priesthood that the man holds. SO if he doesn't keep those priesthood covenants, the woman will go to another man that is a worthy priesthood holder. Pretty interesting I think.

Oh and then last night we had a dinner appt with the Salazar family. We show up and seriously every single Mexican family in the ward is there for a huge party. They were cooking up meat and everything and the whole house was just filled with smoke from the cooking. So after we went to the stake priesthood meeting, and everyone comes up to us and says "You guys smell like Spanish stuff" haha!

So if I come back home smelling a little bit like a Mexican, you will understand. We are going to work our tail off this week in getting new people to teach. It is getting frustrating, so we are going to go insane and do work. Thank you for everything guys! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week :)

Hey Dad! Thanks for writing! My Spanish is alright, there is so much to improve on still. Yeah my patience has improved tremendously since I have been out. You really just want to force things on people, but obviously they have agency. If we have no appointments we usually just knock doors of Spanish people's addresses that we have. Yeah we have about 10 member lessons a week, but the past couple weeks has been way lower, like 5. I don't know what they have you do when it gets really cold. We'll see I guess. Thanks for all the updates. I did not go to that training, but we did go to stake priesthood right after which was really good. The stake President here, President Thomas, is a stud. Future GA for sure. Thanks for everything dad. I love you and can't wait to hear from you!

Thanks Blake! Haha hearing about the Lakers definitely cheers me up! They are doing so good it sounds like! That sounded like a sweet mini MTC! I am so happy you enjoyed it and learned alot. The spirit is definitely the key with teaching. I am excited to hear about your bball season!! Thanks for all the support man. I love you. Thanks for being an awesome brother to me. Have a great week and keep doin' work! Love Ryan

Nick that is awesome!!! The Lakers are killing it it sounds like! Wow that is so awesome with Paul Pierce on twitter haha. I normally don't like him, but now I do because he took a stab at LeBron! Man I am so bummed I missed your amazing soccer season! League champs!? Nick you are a stud! Dang I am so happy to here about all the success you are having. I miss you! Don't get too good at sports during my mission, because I want to come back and teach you something hahaha. Thanks for writing and for the laker update. Have a great week! Love Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment