Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday November 8, 2010

Hello my favorite people in the world! How is everything going!? I am doing pretty good. This week was long and slow, but I got through it!! The weather has been amazing!! We are so lucky!! There is supposed to be snow everywhere and freezing but it hasn't! Maybe winter won't show up because I am here haha. That mini MTC sounded so cool!!! They are getting better and better and helping the boys prepare for missions. I wish I could have gone!!

Go Lakers!!! That makes me so happy! Dang if there is a way to send video highlights or something...haha! Can't wait to watch them again.

Not so much happened this week again. Tuesday we had Zone Conference. Every Zone Conference everyone has to prepare a 4 minute talk on an assigned topic, this time it was Elder Scott's talk on Character from conference. Then President calls on 4 or 5 random people to speak right then and there, and I got picked. What did I do wrong?! haha just kidding it was really cool and I am not shy anymore which is great. Yesterday I got to give my 3rd blessing of my mission, and my 1st blessing of the sick. To a really nice lady in the ward. It was another powerful neat experience.

Met with Nely again for the 13th time and still no baptismal date. I don't know why she is way tough. She tells us she will come to church, we have a member call to offer her a ride, and then she bails. Last 3 Sundays. We'll see what happens. We have 3 or 4 families who seem interested in the message but we can't set appts with. These people have such hard work schedules obviously, like fast food and stuff, so their schedule is always changing and just hard to get in contact with them. I am just trying to keep pushing and fighting my way through. I know baptisms are no measure of success on a mission, but getting one once in a while would be a nice "pick me up" haha. I am learning so much (especially patience) so I guess that is the most important thing.

Hopefully there will be some sweet lessons I can share next week!!! I love you all and pray for you!!! Have a fun week!!!

Love,
Elder Draper

PS short email because these videos took forward to download and send! Made these two clips last Pday.


These are my best impressions of Kobe. Blake that's what I thought haha. I am still above the rim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment