Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday November 22, 2010

Downtown Calgary in black and white...looks like the front of a Christmas card!

This Pentecostal church posts the funniest marquee messages: "Need a new life? God accepts trade - ins"

"Phil Jackson" was converted by Elder Draper and attends church in Calgary ;)

Thanks for all the emails everyone!! It is amazing to log on to 14 messages! You are my favorite! Next week is transfers so we will email on Tuesday! Around 2 or 2:30...

I will let you know about the packages. It is funny you have sent a bunch up to me, but I have only received a bill for that first one, so I guess they are charging me tariffs anymore (or maybe there is a humongous bill adding up somewhere haha!) But I think you can just send UPS and be good to go. I have no clue about why the mission asks for us mail only. Just do what you want when or how you ship it, it is working just fine.

This week was pretty good. The first week of snow always is fun though. I know I will get sick of it after a few weeks, that is what happened at BYU last year. Nely didn't make it to church, we tried so hard to convince her. Her excuse was the cold and snow. She is like next week for sure I will go, " Umm Nely, it is only getting more colder and snowy" haha but we will see. We have some new potential! As of this morning! The English elders working in our area called and said they have taught 2 Spanish families this week, in English obviously. One they tracked into and another lives in the basement of a member family in their ward. Tonight we are going to go on splits with them! So I will go with 1 English elder to one of the families, and Christensen to the other family! They said they really are interested in the message, especially because they will get to hear it in Spanish! Pray that their hearts will be open and I will let you know what happens!

Saturday night the Spanish branch in the south had an activity. It was a multicultural night, food from all different Latin American countries and dances from the countries. It was really fun. I love Spanish food. Like REAL Spanish food. Yes tex mex stuff like Del Taco and Taco Bell will always be at the top of my list, but authentic Spanish food is amazing! I am learning to cook tons of different yummy Spanish foods too!

So I don't remember if I told you, but I made a goal in the MTC to be fluent by US Thanksgiving. I am not quite 100% fluent, but I am so close! It is such a blessing and miracle to me. I have zero doubt that the Lord has helped me. I can't explain it. I can talk with a Mexican and understand him and communicate what I want to say too. It is the coolest thing ever! I am pretty excited to actually understand what all them are saying back home while gardening and stuff haha. All the members (and even Nely-the harshest of critics) always compliment me with my accent and pronunciation. I don't say that to brag, but that is the medium of how I am reminded to thank Heavenly Father with giving me this gift. So incredible!

I will try to stay warm this week. Thank you for your prayers and support! I love you all so much and miss you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

Blake you're the man! I am doing alright with the cold. Yes, it is already colder here than the coldest it got last year in Provo, but that was a good prep for me. You have never felt a cold that goes all the way down to your bone like I have now. The problem is that it is only going to get way colder! I saw the album cover for Kanye in the grocery store. The name of it just fascinated me haha. The Beautiful Twisted Nightmare or something? haha sounds legit! Lakers are amazing huh? Man not being able to watch Kobe do work is hard. It has not felt like 6 months at all. Don't know how to describe it. Missions are crazy! Yes enjoy your break and Thanksgiving and I will be eating at the coolest members house so mine will be good too! I love you bro and miss you!

Nick that is an awesome story!! Wow I was on the edge of my seat just reading it! Glad you won! They will see that you are passing alot and your man will play off you a little bit. That is when you ATTACK!! Just watch Kobe. He starts the game usually by feeding his teammates, which opens up his game. Yes it is really cold!! But I have a huge jacket and I realized that I am actually going to survive this winter!!! Thanks for writing have an awesome week I love you!

The weather doesn't feel too weird haha. Provo prepped me well for the cold. I should be good for gear. I went and bought some nice boots that will help me a ton. $100 bucks but were 40 percent off so only $60. From Sears. The car takes forever to warm up. You are driving for 15 minutes and still see you breath in the car. Some cars require to be plugged in overnight and in stores, but our car is new enough that it doesn't. It isn't even that cold yet! It is going to get down to -35 celcius without windchill. At -40 degrees, farenheit and celcius are the same...We always have to go out no matter what, but sometimes they ground the cars because the roads get so bad. Walking in -20 is the best!!! Not really.

Thanks for writing dad. Have a nice relaxing thanksgiving. I am praying for you and the fam too! I love you! Take care :)

Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment