Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday March 14, 2011

Elder Draper and Elder Walker...great minds think alike :)

Missionaries with mustaches!

Los Caballeros Companeros de Calgary!

President Gordon B. Hinckley affirmed the value of humor for all: “We’ve got to have a little humor in our lives. You had better take seriously that which should be taken seriously but, at the same time, we can bring a touch of humor now and again. If the time ever comes when we can’t smile at ourselves, it will be a sad time.”


Dad and I bought him this Kobe shirt at the Nike store in NYC. Love it!


What's happenin!?!

Alright I'll be sure to get those papers back ASAP mom. So glad I wasn't around for jury duty...not sad to miss out on that. Glad you liked the pics and there's more on the way today. Sounds like a super fun trip to Vegas! Yeah I was at the Fraires for a movie night and she told me you were in Vegas and I was like I am pretty jealous too. I told her to message you back. Yeah we all heard about the earthquake and tsunami over in Japan. Amazing that none of the missionaries were hurt. It was funny the dad of one of the Spanish elders called his son to make sure he was ok because the news said waves would reach Canada. His doesn't realize we are super far away from the coast, unfortunately...but in this case fortunately. Has anything noticeable happened to our beaches?

I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life! Saturday morning we woke up at 5:30 to get to the south of the city and hear from Elder D. Todd Christofferson! Wow he walked into the room and all of a sudden the spirit overpowered me, I am sure it is similar to what you all felt with Cook. He was accompanied by Elder Real, an area authority, and Elder Melchim of the Seventy. Yes I got to walk up to him afterward and shake his hand. I almost can't describe what that was like. He asked me where I am from and then said "Well you are looking sharp Elder Draper, thank you". So that's how an apostle summed me up...I'll take that as a compliment haha. He spoke to us for about 2 hours about repentance, I learned so much from him, but even more from the spirit as different thoughts popped into my head. He told so many jokes it was amazing. He had us stand up to stretch and he started doing "head shoulders knees and toes," pretty funny. He made a joke about how the apostles pick where missionaries go every Friday, and he said that "some of us should have sent in a different picture" haha! But the best part was his testimony. That has been the highlight of every Apostle I have heard in person (President Monson at BYU last year, Elder Hales and Oaks in the MTC, and now Elder Christofferson). All of them testify that they know that Jesus Christ lives. They'll say something like "I have had certain experiences" or as Elder Christofferson put it "I want all of you to remember this day we have spent together, and I want you to especially remember that I told you that I KNOW that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. He is a glorified, resurrected being with a physical body." Just the way I felt and the way he said that told me that he has seen Christ. That isn't exactly doctrine, but that is what I feel. He also said that Christ directs this church "daily" and that he doesn't "drop in once in a while". Just like in times past, Christ appears and speaks with His Prophets and apostles.

I can never deny the testimony I have gained of this church over the last 10 months. It is so true, and I am so grateful for it. I have gained so much knowledge, which is kind of scary, thinking of DC 82:3..."...where much is given much is required". We know so much, and because of that there is work to be done.

Anyways that was my week. Didn't get in a lesson with Lourdes unfortunately, but she will be baptized this month, mark my words. Love you all, you are the best peeps ever! Have a great week!

Go Cougs!! and Lake show!!!
Peace

Love, Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment