Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monday March 28, 2011

Josue finally got his visa and leaves for the MTC this week! He came out and worked with us a lot over the last 8 months and is ready to serve his mission in Tempe Arizona!

Laura and Megan's gift package arrived and they said muchas gracias! Juanca and Alma are super grateful and say thanks as well. They had us over to dinner and fed us enchiladas verdes to thank you through me...it tasted amazing so thanks mom from me and the Fraire family!


Haha yeah so myldsmail has gotten progressively worse and slower during the mission so sorry about that. I got 20 emails today from last week and this week combined! I will try to tell you all of the great moments of the week, but lately we have had so few so I apologize for that. I love sharing the great stories and news with you so just know that you will hear them. Like my journal has barely been written in the last 2 weeks as well because not much has happened. Basically we knock doors every day from 12-4 with 0% success, and nights are spent with members trying to get them to share the gospel, because that is way more effective than knocking doors. We have not taught Lourdes this week either, she is super busy I guess. Frustrating because she is ready for baptism but we can't get in with her. Rocky invited one of his coworkers to church yesterday so that was amazing! We have an appointment this week with him. We went by the Fraires and saw our investigator Hugo (uncle of Juan Carlos) drinking a beer so that was super depressing.

Sounds like Blake's party was a nice surprise! Everybody is growing up so fast, it is really cool to see that from the outside looking in, I am really proud to be a part of this great family! Thanks for all of your examples to me. I wish missions would turn you into this amazing perfect person, but it doesn't. I am trying to become more like Christ just you all are, and it isn't any easier for missionaries. I have to really push myself and apply the things I am learning and teaching. I have grown so much so far, but I know I have a long way to go. That's the great part of life...we have a time set apart to prepare to meet God, and it usually takes a whole lifetime to reach that. I love each and every one of you and am trying to catch up to all of your levels.

So I am super excited that you get to head up to Conference! That is such a cool experience to be in the presence of the living apostles and prophets. I am going to have a few questions written down again so I can receive some revelation on them, whether through the actual words they speak or through the Spirit. They call general conference Christmas on the mission and I agree!

SO next week is transfers, which means p-day is on Tuesday. I think I'll get moved but we'll see what happens. Let's hope we can get a few investigator appointments this week! President said that the adversary is working super hard on the whole mission, which means we are so close to where we need to be, where the Lord wants us to be. The slump is going to be broken out of this week!!

I love you all so much and have a great week :)

Elder Draper

Heyyyy Blake! Yeah life is pretty great!! I heard about the game yesterday from somebody...so tough! The thing that bothered me the most is that Butler went on to beat them after. The Laker news looks good though that makes me happy to hear. Yes well I guess I gotta say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It is so crazy that you are hitting 18 because I don't even feel 18 either. I hope that party was fun for you and that Friday goes well for you. So I was talking to an elder here that goes to Idaho and said that since you opted for the missionary program you won't be going to the spring semester as well? Because he said that that semester gets out in like July. Just was wondering how it is going to work out for you. Sounds like a great premission plan! I am so happy for you and it makes me smile to hear about your desire to serve. Trust me, best decision you could make. A really good friend once told me that the mission is a time to "date the gospel" haha and I have seen that that is so true! I would get a copy of preach my gospel if you don't have one. Thanks for you example and everything that you're doing - keep it up! Anyways Blake I love you and hope you have a fun 18!

Love ya bro,

Elder Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment